1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How can people not wash their hands after using the washroom?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Techno Kid, Mar 10, 2014.

1. Techno Kid

Is it just being too lazy to do it or are they just not thinking of other people? :/

I'm sorry it's just so gross. :tantrum:

2. LovelyBunny

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    many reasons:
    1. your in a rush
    2. You have hand sanitizers or wipes
    3. You don't like touching the public sinks or toilets
    4. You don't wipe therefore no need to wash your hands
    5. Your lazy....

but yea I understand it bothers da hells out of me when people do that but I know there might be a reason as long as they don't try to cook my food or have any physical contact w/ me. Its not a big deal.. lol

3. The Escapist

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't know. I have severe OCD and I don't expect anyone else to obsess like me so I don't feel icky, but is it so much to ask this one thing? :frowning2:

4. FireSmoke

FireSmoke Guest

Only thinking about it disgust me :tantrum:

5. The Escapist

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I mean I'm vegan and public soap grosses me the fuck out but even I use that if there are no other options because it's so disturbing if you don't.
    The scariest is when they turn the water on and in the blink of an eye they wipe their hand under or near it and that's considered washing their hands. I mean I'm not asking for much, just a little water and soap for like two seconds, anything!

6. Yosia

I think it is really horriblecand i always wash my hands , but what i find most disgusting is when i said to a cleaner person at school there was no soap, another person called me 'sad'

7. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm allergic to many types of hand soap, so I have to carry hand sanitizer with me. Otherwise, I have terrible allergic reactions. So, I try put the hand sanitizer on so that people could see it. That way, I don't look like I'm just skipping out of the bathroom and not sanitizing myself.

8. IsThisAName

Unless they're using hand sanitizer, I think it's disgusting. I carry hand sanitizer with me and sometimes I'll just walk out of the bathroom as I'm getting it out, and I know people like me who don't notice I'm using it are probably judging me :grin:

9. Ruthven

It is totally disgusting yeah(unless you hand sanitiser anyway like the two above me). But anyone else who straight up does not clean their hands period, yeah that's where I draw the line hunny, cause you're affecting me and everyody else, cause now you're gettin your gross ass hands all over the place and other people. The thought of shaking some stranger's hand is just no!

Seriously, job interviews right? The boss/manager or whatever? What if they wanna shake my hand? I'm sorry but I don't think I can trust you, I don't know where your hands have been. and I just don't like the whole shaking hands thing anyway.

oh and then there's some people, who think piss is sterile so it's a-okay to just waltz outta the room without washing like wtf.

10. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Some microbiologist once went around some regular work offices gathering samples of the stuff that comes off of phones, keyboards and the like. Lo and behold, several live viruses and the bug that is found in excrement, Escherichia coli, could be found among the items sampled...:eek:

After using the bathroom, use soap and hot water, scrub your hands and lather up for 15 seconds (count to 15 slowly), including the tip of your fingers (rubbed against the palm of your other hand), the sides and the opposite side of your hands. The next 15 seconds are to rinse off all the soap.

Use paper towels if you can (blowers are notoriously full of bacteria) and when opening the door of the bathroom, use a paper towel to turn the handle. Throw away the paper towel and enjoy a relatively germ-free environment! :thumbsup:

11. imnotreallysure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As Ruthven mentions, people probably think that washing their hands after passing urine is unnecessary because urine is (usually) sterile. I don't approve.

12. Jacob D

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i find it gross. maybe they are lazy or don't care about others. i don't understand it.

13. lameo

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I am sorta a witch, when I notice someone about to leave the washroom without WASHING their hands, I say, "Excuse me, but I think you forgot to do something." and they usually say the have germ-x in their purse, then I offer some of mine.

People usually think I am being rude, but my MamMaw taught me to look out for others, and look out for germs.

14. Ruthven

Yeah I don't even trust the usually cause urine is sterile until it reaches the urethra.

15. Incognito10

Sometimes, I get angry when restrooms don't have paper towels (just dryers) and then I am forced to touch the door handle, which almost cancels out washing my hands because I think of all the unwashed hands that touch it.

16. Sarcastic Luck

Incorrect. The first little bit that comes out isn't sterile, but the rest is unless the person has some sort of urinary tract infection. This is why if work up is being done on someone's urine for bacteria, the doctor or nurse waits for the person to pee a bit before they take the sample.

/microbiology class

Anyway. If I'm in public, yes, I'll wash my hands unless I'm in an absolute hurry, at only, I don't really bother, assuming I just peed unless I got something on my hand. Number two means I always wash my hands.

I'm honestly not really bothered by it all. I'm not a compulsive hand washer. It dries my skin out really, really badly.

17. Straw_berry

It's gross when people don't wash Nyu~ I don't care if you're lazy or haven't wiped, you should always wash your hands. Because even though that stall door looked clean I'm betting it wasn't Nyu~

I always my hands, and am very much a clean freak who hates it when other people don't Nyu~

18. EatYourRikkios

I prefer using germ-X - too many instances of watching other kids spit in the soap dispensers as a kid. I realize it grosses some people out, since I normally walk out of the restroom as I'm grabbing the sanitizer from my bag, but yeah, no.

19. CharlieHK

CharlieHK Guest

Okay, I wash my before and after. I don' wash before I eat or go to bed...but bathroom, sterile before and after.

20. Richie.

I wouldn't judge someone too much for a number one but a number two that's just not on. Have a poo wash your hands simple