1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sorry I've acted immature..

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by person57, Mar 11, 2014.

1. person57

Hey guys, so for those of you who knew me back in 2013, you may know that I have done some very immature things on EC and it honestly scars me :\ I'm sorry. However, I am trying to fix my flaws and learn from my mistakes. I still feel kinda bad and embarrassed for doing the stupid things I've done. I'm sorry. Do you guys forgive me?

2. Mlpguy88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't know the extent of the things you have done but you acknowledged your mistakes and have taken responsibility for them. That is a very mature thing to do so I wouldn't stress yourself too much :slight_smile:

3. Randy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It's all good. Forgive and forget!!

(*hug*)

4. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't know what you're talking about, but if you ever offended me, you're forgiven.

5. Data

Data Guest

I'm going to be 20 and I'm still doing what you are and I too feel embarrassed when I think back to sone things I've done in the past.

I don't think you're really fully grown until you're 25-30 and until then we'll go through several stages of changes until we end up sculpted by life.

6. Jonathan

Meh, things happen and people make mistakes. The important thing is to use them as learning experiences :slight_smile: .

7. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

Believe me, man, if we were all held to the gravel for stupid things we may have said or done, we'd get nowhere. No harm, no foul. :slight_smile:

8. Au.Quicksilver

Same here. Scarring, not immature. More..... cocky. So yes. I read back on anything from even a few months ago, and I look like a fool to myself. *Facepalms*

---------- Post added 12th Mar 2014 at 05:49 PM ----------

I don't either. I have an extremely low direct annoyance sensitivity.

9. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't remember you saying anything bad (apart from bad stuff you've done and needed to talk about, which is 150% acceptable here).

Most people are too busy thinking of their own mistakes to think of others', anyway. It's fine, and immaturity is a prerequisite to maturity.

10. Emulator

Chances are people hardly remember your mistakes, or they think them not a mistake.
    A lot of people go through those feelings as well. It's just a changing of thought process. I think some stuff I wrote on here when I just joined is ridiculous, and frankly speaking, if I could obliberate them completely from the internet and people's minds, I would.

Everything's cool. :slight_smile:

11. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    @Aussie Good point.

Nevertheless, you're at the point in your life where you'll find that whatever you said 15 minutes ago just might have been what you didn't want to say by now, and it's very common. I remember going through that both online and offline on a different forum. So it's definitely something that you'll be saying to future generations about your experiences but your parents won't, simply because they didn't have this medium to talk in. They had phones, and it's the exact reason why I remember my mother teaching me phone etiquette.

12. Choirboy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    person57, I'm WAY older than you, and I can remember things I did when I was your age that I'm still embarrassed to think about. But you know what? Nobody else remembers them. Even when I talk about them with my brother or sisters, who were there at the time, THEY don't remember. And I have kids around your age (13 and 16), and the silly and dumb and annoying things they do sometimes are all part of growing up and turning into wonderful adults, just like you will. I've seen your posts, and all I can say is, keep being the sweet, open, slightly goofy kid that you are, and people will love you for it.

13. Alexander69

That's sweet that you are saying sorry I don't even know what you did but you are forgiven by me and I'm certain everyone. I think people here are more annoyed with me than you haha just saying. And if people forgive me, they forgive you.

It's a sign if maturity and integrity to apologize when you have down something wrong and it goes to show that you are maturing and realizing your flaws and everyone has flaws but realizing them and aknowledging them is a great thing because it shows you are not ignorant and it gives you a chance to change because you acknowledge them :slight_smile:

14. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You are, of course, forgiven, though I can't recall anything worth apologizing for. You seem like a caring, passionate person, and people like that tend to worry a lot and think that they upset people far more than they actually do.

(*hug*)

15. Foxface

good golly friend...I think I speak for most when I say I don't remember any of it

but if you seek forgiveness then here it is

forgiven

very mature by the way...good for you