1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How stressful is School though

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by OneProblem, Mar 11, 2014.

1. OneProblem

Saskatchewan ____________________ eheh get it? ;D
    My school is so annoying right now. It's like I went to bed late one day and then I wake up and I'm tired. But when I get home, I sleep which when I wake up later makes me not tired until I fall asleep late again. Which repeats the process and then bam. School is ruined because im too tired. Does anybody else do this??? Or am I the only weird one with this?

2. Randy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You're not alone. That happened all the time when I was in high school and it still happens.

3. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Reminds me of high school for me. It never helped that I had bad anxiety and insomnia either.

4. Hiems

You're definitely not alone. Because the workload was significantly less in high school, I didn't get tired to the point of sleeping right after getting home from classes. Now that I'm in university, where the academic rigor increases each year, studying so much causes me to fall asleep at times, haha.

5. PalestrinaMX

That didn't happen to my in high school, but it's happening now that I am in college. Actually, if I don't take a nap after getting home I get a bad headache that prevents me from doing my assignments, but in turn I get less done because of the time I spent sleeping.

6. Hexagon

Welcome to the universe.

7. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I sometimes miss entire nights of sleep for homework.

It's stressful, and sometimes it's too much for everyone. But it's important to persevere, and more importantly to manage time and organise how to efficiently schedule life.

8. Munyal

I don't like how lots of things in school are non-applicable to real life.

School is way too stressful

9. Ettina

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Don't sleep when you get home. Force yourself to stay awake until bedtime, and you'll reset that pattern.

10. theskywreck

I have that problem too. You're not alone.

11. Envira

That's literally me all the time. I hate it. I mean, I could go to bed earlier, but I find myself not doing it.

12. phoenix89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yep. My high school was somewhat stressful, but not too bad, but college and now graduate school are. I have been stressed to the point that I have cried myself to sleep.

13. Cas

Cas

School's SUPER stressful to me. I'm in all AP classes and I feel like ripping my hair out every night.

14. luckrunningout7

School sucks!!! My teachers are a**holes. My teacher told me i was acting like a(pardon me using this word) Retarded 3rd grader. Also its just really depressing 2 do the same crap everyday Thou I can only see my friends at school, so i guess it isnt so bad since i love being around them. They always make me happy when im down. :slight_smile:

15. Riddick

Riddick Guest

Yeah I know the feeling... school can get really hectic, especially high school.
    The feeling where, when all you want to do is immediately go to bed after school is over, because you're just so tired. There is nothing wrong with it... its just that you have to discipline yourself to sleep, just at least one hour. Set an alarm, when you get back from school and sleep for one hour.
    This will help you to sleep later on in the night, when you finally go to bed, in preparation for the next day.
    You sound like a night owl (people who prefer to be up late at night) and this can be an advantage because, you could use this time to study late into the night. (don't get me wrong, sleep is important, even when you're a night owl) Such people have got tendencies of entertaining themselves through the night and these are bad habits like, watching television, social networking on your computer or texting and talking all night on your phone. We need to be disciplined and pick this time to be used for studying.
    Its alot of discipline and alarm clock work for us night owls. You have to learn how to adapt to your situation and pull your grades back up.
    Sleep is an important part when it comes to learning and having a productive time at school... just try what I recommended and be discipline in the way you do it. It will be, good grades from there on.

---------- Post added 20th Mar 2014 at 07:02 AM ----------

hahaha, how brutally honest. :roflmao:

#15 Riddick, Mar 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2014
  16. EatYourRikkios

*hugs* High school suck. Upside! Bowling for Soup is wrong - it does end.

If you have a friend with a car, try getting a ride from them to and from school. You two can hang out at your place or theirs after classes and study, do your homework, etc. It'll keep you up in the afternoon and evening and you'll have someone who *will* make you get up in the morning. It helped me out a lot senior year!