1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why am I so weak?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by pane123, Mar 12, 2014.

1. pane123

pane123 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    When I hear people make sexist remarks, mainly towards women, I don't say anything, as I'm too afraid to stand out and kind of want to fit in, I guess so I don't get bullied, . Why am I so weak?

Just as worse, if someone made a homophobic remark, I probably wouldn't say anything either, even though I want too. I'd probably think of telling them to stop being a idiot, but not say it.

I've been bullied for standing out a bit, but that's no excuse, why do I have to be so weak ?

2. Simple Thoughts

It's okay.

You don't ever have to do anything you don't feel comfortable with. I know it'd be nice to have more people sticking up for us, but I also know that those who do are risking being outcasted and bullied in doing so. I would never ask anyone to do that on my behalf, and I'd appreciate those who do.

When the time is right, and the place is right I'm sure you'll find the strength to stand up for things you feel are right, but for now don't beat yourself up too much over it. ^^

3. Foxface

it doesn't mean you are weak

and please don't let anyone tell you that if you don't answer you are part of the problem. Some people just don't have the power to battle at that time. Do what you are comfortable with...and if your comfort level involves no confrontation that live a good, equality-based lifestyle and model for people what someone is who believes in equality across all lines