1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No gay family?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by JustMe2602, Mar 12, 2014.

1. JustMe2602

I hear a lot that people have a gay uncle or something but I have no gay family members.
    And I have a pretty big family. (2 uncles + their wifes, 4 aunts + their husbands/boyfriends, my parents, my niece+ her boyfriend, 4 little nieces/nephews, 1 sister, 1 brother, my grandma's and grandpa's, and not even to begin on my grandmother's brothers/sisters/etc.)
    Is it possible? or do I just don't know that I have one?
    Do you have a gay family member?
    (i know that it is a stupid question but i'm just curious) :wink:

2. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Nope, me neither.

3. finlandwrc

nope my friends uncle is gay but no family members sadly

4. Hexagon

No queers but me here, that I know of.

5. Amerigo

i don't have any that i or my family know of, and this includes a closely knit extended family that spans three continents! it's terribly lonely.

6. Yosia

Most of My dads side of family is extremely homophobic (my dad isnt though, he just hates everyone XD ) and my mums side would be very accepting but i do not think there is any gay family so i the first!!! ^O^

#6 Yosia, Mar 12, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2014
  7. AlamoCity

I only know of a cousin who might be "not straight." Haven't seen him in over ten years but, apparently, he has a lisp and played with Barbies. Don't have a "confirmed homosexual" in the family (I'm only out to my mom and uncle and a cousin).

8. Csp1993

Csp1993 Guest

There's none in my family. That's why I'm still not out to family.

9. Ruthven

I don't know. You can't really know for sure unless everybody in your family says if they're something LGBTQ+ whatever. And as far as I know, I'm the only one who's come out as being male, so trans, and I'm also gay. But there must be someone else at least who's LGBTQ+

10. lordsnow

My family is just as big and I have one aunt on my dads side who is Lesbian, but I think that it is quite common to have no LGBT members in your family.

11. apostrophied

I've heard a rumor about a cousin's of my mother, apparently it's true but since he's single and has been so for the past few decades (if not forever), it's pretty irrelevant.

I don't have a big family, though.

12. sugarcubeigloo

Yup yup! My uncle is. My family just got done this past October celebrating their marriage. It was really sweet. :slight_smile: I got to be in the wedding and everyone seemed to have a good time. My parents actually have their wedding pictures with all of us hanging on their wall.

They had another ceremony not too long after because gay marriage was legalized in New Jersey, so they had a smaller gathering with just the families.

They both have the same name, so the cousins now just call them uncle and "new" uncle. :lol:

Its actually kind of a relief knowing how much fun we all had at their wedding because they'll eventually (hopefully) have to do it again with me.

#12 sugarcubeigloo, Mar 12, 2014
  13. eliza

eliza Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Nope, there is no one in my family who is gay, as far as I know.

14. Ruthven

i just remembered though that my mum's fiance had a brother who was gay. But he died. And who knows who else might be LGBTQ+ in mum's fiance's fam.

15. Ettina

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Apparently I have a couple distant relatives (two brothers) who are rumoured to be gay, but I've never met them.

16. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm pretty sure I'm the only non straight person, and I'm DEFINITELY the only trans person in my family...unless everyone else is hiding it!

17. Foster

My uncle is gay, and one of my dad's cousins is a lesbian, but I've never met either of them.

18. EatYourRikkios

It's certainly possible that you have a gay relative and don't know it. The only members of my family that know are my twin sister and my eldest cousin. Maybe you do and they aren't out yet, or you're right, and you are the only one.

In my family, there's me, my eldest cousin, who's pansexual, and his 14-year-old brother, who's recently stated that he's pretty sure he's bi, both on my dad's side. Outside the grandparents/cousins/aunts/uncles/siblings/parents group though, I don't know. I think my mom mentioned a maybe-gay great uncle and his best friend at Thanksgiving dinners when she was a kid, but I'm not sure.

#18 EatYourRikkios, Mar 12, 2014
  19. Dented

Not that I know of, think it's only me. However, both sides of my family are fairly casually homophobic so there's a chance there might be a couple more in the closet as well. Wouldn't put money on it though.

20. sweetgayboy

sweetgayboy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    nope none and ive got my sister my mom my dad I have 12 aunts and 11 uncles and 20 cousins plus my great aunt and uncle plus their kids and those kids that have kids yep no one. At least I've never heard any of them being homophobic.