1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Found out im not the only trans person in this tiny town!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by alex3191, Mar 12, 2014.

1. alex3191

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    So yesterday i was at my moms house and my sister told me that one of her friends came out as trans (ftm), i have met this person a few times before, hes 19 and out to everyone and so far all has gone well for him and people are accepting which im relieved to know because being transgender is not something that can be kept secret in this small town. The thing is my mom who already knows his parents but not very well wants to contact them because she doesn't know anyone else with transgender kids so obviously she wants to be able to talk to parents like herself. i have told her i would rather she didn't because i don't want anyone knowing im transgender unless they have to know. Another thing is if she does talk with these parents will their kid want to know me? Im a few years older than him and i don't talk about anything transgender unless it's with family or on here, im worried that i might be the only other trans person he may know and so he might want to get in contact or look to me for support which i don't think i can give because i have only come to accept im transgender about a year ago having spent all my life from the age of four trying to make it go away, he seems to be very comfortable and open with the fact hes trans but im not so im worried he may want to become friends because we have this in common though its not something im very comfortable talking about. My moms says she would like to be able to talk with another parent like herself and thinks i should get in contact with other trans people but im not sure i want to, am I just making a bigger deal out of this than it really is? What should i do?

2. Envira

I think you should let your mom contact his parents. She might need someone to talk to. You don't have to offer yourself up to help the guy, but if he asks, just tell him that you don't think you have anything to offer because you just came to terms with this yourself.