1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think it's really funny.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by TheSuburbian, Jul 16, 2008.

1. TheSuburbian

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I love how whenever a girl finds out I'm gay, they instantly love me. One of them immediately asked me to go to the mall with her. :lol: I have a few ideas why, but I dunno. Hey, let's make a list!

1:We generally act alike.
    2:We generally both like guys. (But lesbian/bi girls are awesome!)
    3:They think the stereotype is cute...?
    4:Not too many gay guys admit it around here.
    5:They were my friends anyway. :icon_bigg

Your turn!

2. ffdtirtp

ffdtirtp Guest

lol that's cute...um i find that most girls that are feeling my gayness do so because i make crzy/silly ass comments and i listen to them/give advice. also...u can't go wrong with shopping. 8)

3. Brett

I think that girls like gay guys cuz they just think that we're guys that can hang out with them, and they don't have to worry about us looking at their boobs! Plus we're a lot less hormonal than most teenage girls.

Plus gay guys are supposedly amazing dancers and fashion geniuses, or something like that.

4. SRSLYMARK

The other day, my friends Eric and Jess performed in a local production of Oklahoma!, and after watching it I went to meet the cast. Apparently, Jess had told everyone in the ladies dressing room that her "gay best friend" was here, which made me cringe a little (I hate the term "gay friend"). However, all of the teenage girls in the cast seemed to latch onto me IMMEDIATELY when we all went to Denny's or whatever.

Here's the thing, though: they could very well have just ignored me after talking to me for a while. Something about me could have bothered them, to make them avoid me. But nothing of the sort happened. We talked the whole time after the show, and I'm going to see them tomorrow (to see Dark Knight), and I'm sure we'll hang out then, too.

What I'm trying to say is that although being gay might make a girl want to be your friend, that isn't what's going to make her STAY your friend. Yes, I'm gay, but I also give good advice, make funny comments, and listen, which apparently makes me a good friend.

#4 SRSLYMARK, Jul 16, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2008
  5. TheSuburbian

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ah, that is true, just because someone's gay doesn't mean they're nice. Again, the stereotype arises. But out of my experience, every LGBT person has been nice... But... not my ex, who was abusive. x_x So I can see both sides of it, a person can't simply make a lot of friends just by their sexual preference, but I damn well know you can lose a lot. :icon_sad: But then again, those aren't friends.

#5 TheSuburbian, Jul 16, 2008
  6. Davey

the only reason my best friend was happy when she found out i was Bi was because she was also bi. we came out to eachother in a funny way. i don't remember how it started but the last times were
    "so your.."
    "yeah..."
    "me too.."
    "you too?"
    "yep"
    "cool"

gosh ima miss her when she goes off to college! haha we had some good times in this last year!
    <3 Ya Rumbles!

7. Blue0090

Blue0090 Guest

Haha yea, one time me, a girl, and a guy were walking together.

me and the girl were holding hands. the guy goes like "i think youre just pretending to be bi so you could do stuff like that."

then i grabbed his hand and said "is this enough proof?"

and he was like "ok let go of my hand now"

while we were at the mall we saw some of our friends there and we all walked back to the school (it was like the last day of school so we could skip and everything) and so the girl that i was holding hands with were talking to our other friends

so like me and the guy were in the front while everyone else were in the back

he goes like "i would hold your hand but not here"

i just smiled.

Lol sorry bout that, only like the first part is related to this topic xP

8. ffdtirtp

ffdtirtp Guest

lol aww that's perfect

9. TheSuburbian

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ^^ No need to apologize, it's really cute!

#9 TheSuburbian, Jul 16, 2008
  10. Trumpetplyer23

This story is kind of related. I have this friend, and her number one goal in life is to find a gay (guy) best friend. She told me that if she had a gay best friend that she would take him shopping and 'man-hunting'. She totally believed all of the stereotypes, but to hear her rant about it was hilarious.

This was all started because she went on a trip to Chicago with the school choir. She saw a bunch of LGBT people there and now her life plan is this: 1, graduate high school with honors dipoloma 2, study law at NYU 3, move to Chicago and finish law degree 4, find gay best friend to hang out with 5, set up private practice and 6, become very rich.

11. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Those are some cute stories!

12. BitterEdge

BitterEdge Guest

It has always put a smile on my face that many women embrace gay men...however...they shouldn't play to sterotypes (that bothers me a bit), but I think it's that they can be free from any sexual thoughts and attitudes towards her, its a safe, comfortable setting.

13. Beebo

wow, awesome story blue.

14. -Michael-

haha the past two years of secondary school (were i made a ton of wicked friends,- due to smoking :grin: :S :frowning2: )

yeh anyway.
    The girls always used to come up to me and hold my hand and just go on about how they would love a gay friend.

someone to talk to and go shopping and just Show off to people"
    I just laughed.
    My bestfriend, when i told her, was like "WE CAN TALK ABOUT DRESSES NOW AND YOU CANT COMPLAIN COZ YOU'RE GAY"

...:confused:...i cant dance, my fashion sense is that of the hamburglars....

15. GunStarre

GunStarre Guest

Finally! Someone I can relate to!
    The only fashion sense I have: if it's stripped and very colorful, I'll be buying it! I can't help other people choose because I just don't know what kind of clothes they like...

And dancing, no. I don't really like to dance so much, but I do get into it after a while as long as I'm with my friends :eusa_danc

16. -Michael-

haha i dance but only if i cant remember it the next day...
    :slight_smile:...

17. Étoile

Well, my situation is the exact opposite. I have two female friends who don't like gay guys. Well, one gets really uncomfortable around them but then she loosens up a little but she still won't like them that much. The other one says she hates gay guys since she says we're all bitchy, catty, and act 'so gay'. She says we act worse than girls. :tantrum: I do have one female friend who treats me like her gay best friend and I actually don't mind but other than that, most of my friends or at least the people I know well aren't comfortable with gay guys. :rolleyes:

18. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I, personally, hate the stereotype that all gay men are just straight women with different bodies. Just because I like men does not mean I give good fashion advice, nor does it mean I want to fix your hair or paint your nails or go shopping with you. I'm still a male.

Maybe that's why I don't have as many female friends as other gay people I know. I don't relate to them as much.

19. -Michael-

I agree...

I dont have a problem with women assuming that...

but when guys think you're not up for a laugh because its a guys only thing...
    :S

also when guys who dont know you, but know you're gay.
    They're rather on the defensive and are covering themselves up
    or are trying to attain a reaction by taking off layers of clothing because its "too hot"

20. Tim

Tim

I've never had that happen... Though I had one person who literally screamed "I KNEW IT, I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT!!!"

Though not completely relevant... I had a lesbian friends who completely DESPISED me for no real reason. Never really figured it out, but I'm guessing it involved her girlfriend, who was actually quite hot, though of course, not the right gender for me. Anyways, she was nice to be at first, then she found out I knew her gf and started being extremely rude. Due to this, I never came out to her, she had become rude a few days before I was going to come out to her.

Anyways, We stopped talking for almost a year. Then the other day I went out with a friend, she called and we went and picked her up. Then we got back to friends house he was house sitting and the Convo went a bit like this:

Her: "So what's been going on with you?"
    Me: "Well, not much. I did just come out in march." Then she stopped doing what she was doing (Cant remember what)
    Her: "Oh you did? Did you come out as bi or gay or what?"
    Me: "Oh, I'm gay."
    Her: Something encouraging. Again, can't remember.

So then we start talking throughout the night and notice she's a LOT more comfortable around me, which wasn't there before. >_> We even ended up talking about Sailor Moon for like 2 hours LOL.