1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Your First Relationship

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ZenMusic, Mar 15, 2014.

1. ZenMusic

When did you have it? And how long did it last?

2. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When I was 16 I dated a girl I met online for 6 months...we met every month or so and spent about a week together each time...then I ended it for probably the most shameful reason I can think of.

3. CharlieHK

CharlieHK Guest

September 2012, and it's still going, almost 18 months. This is my first real relationship.

4. WhiteShadows

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've never had one (that was reciprocated at least)
    :frowning2:

5. Jared

My first relationship was from December 2012 to January 2013, it wasn't very serious and lasted about a month and a half. He was pretty jealous, a complete closet case and also had very poor English (that was a bigger issue than I thought it would be)

My first serious relationship started in February 2013 and is still going. He's a good guy and I love him to death. There um may have been less than a five day gap between the relationships. My current boyfriend had a crush on me for a few months, I'm super oblivious, and was waiting to pounce when I broke up with my ex.

6. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    1999 to 2000. Went separate ways due to graduation and colleges across the country. I'd rather forget the "relationship" I had in grad school.

Have a pretty good one currently.

7. antimacy

My first relationship was two and a half months. My first functional relationship lasted two years. Both were during my teenage years.

8. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Edit my first relationship ever was with another girl now that I remember so I'm editing this
    although she didn't consider it a relationship but I very much did well we would spend time kissing and sometimes dry humping I was 8 I think she was 11 but at times she would be very distant towards me and get abusive sometimes when I would hugg her in front of people .
    I remember one time she beat me up and told something was wrong with me and I was sick because I took it too far because I was seeing our relationship as more than just sex and she would yell at me and say " I'm not like that ! don't touch me ! " So we would stop talking for a few weeks and then she would come back with the I miss you and I'm sorry come back and I like you then we'd make up and go back to kissing and stuff . She got mad at me because I called her baby one time but we were alone so I found it weird that she beat me up for that .

#8 stocking, Mar 15, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2014
  9. VideoGameLover

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    So my first and only relationship was with a girl, in 7th grade. She basically put a note in my locker asking me out, and I said yes. I didn't really understand what a relationship was back then.

It was really silly, because we never talked, or hung out outside of school. It was hardly even a relationship at all. So then, a year later, she accused me of cheating on her with other girls (which was a completely false claim), and called it off. Then, later that day, we made up and just settled for friends.

10. Jacob D

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    my first relationship was when i was 16. it lasted 6 months.

11. Dino14

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    When I was 16 I tried to rebel against my lesbian tendencies and dated a boy for 9 months before I ended the struggle and just accepted I couldn't change who I was. I've had times when things could have developed into a relationship with a girl, but it's never been serious enough to happen. I'm still waiting for my first serious relationship.

I'm almost 22 now!

12. TJ

TJ

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm still in my first relationship. It started in February, 2012.
    I'm really happy with the guy I'm dating now, but I do acknowledge that things can still go south.

I often wonder how couples break up after being together for 3+ years - to me, after that long it seems like you would have ironed the kinks out or moved on. Beyond that time, I'm not really sure what new things can surprise you about the other person, unless you haven't moved in together.

But, I'm young and naive. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

13. PatrickUK

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    1999 - 2000. I was 23 and had just come out, he was 31. Lasted about 7 months in all. We realised we wanted different things and went our separate ways.

---------- Post added 15th Mar 2014 at 08:00 PM ----------

The realisation that someone is a lying, cheating (insert swear word) usually does it TJ

14. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Still in it. We've known each other since the first day of high school and got together romantically about a year and a half later. Next month, it will be 3 years.

15. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

2009-2012 I was dating my best friend I'd known since the 3rd grade. It was mostly long distance- I was homeschooling, then my family moved across country to Oregon. We broke up because at the time, their parents were going through a pretty bitter divorce and they didn't feel at the same time we could maintain the relationship (especially since it was long distance and I was feeling really guilty I couldn't physically be there).

We're still good friends to this day.

16. Hexagon

Never had one. Not surprised, to be honest. Until rather recently, my life has been insane, and I've hated myself for most of it. Not the best place to be in for a relationship. Now, I'm basking in the sunlight at the end of the tunnel, and I'm finally in the right place. But it isn't a big deal to me. I'm happy alone.

It's funny how the people who really want relationships are usually the least suited to them.

17. Randy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    There was this girl that I hung out like every chance I'd get about two years ago and we thought it would be a nice intro to a nice relationship. Well...we sort of discovered that we were only gonna be good friends and nothing more. So...that was about 2-days, little less than a Kardashian marrage :lol:

Then, this academic year, I went out with a guy for about 2-3 weeks. I enjoyed being with him but too much got in the way. He ended up breaking it off because I got too distant with my schoolwork and he started noticing I got too reluctant to hang out. It got to the point where the only time we would hang out is when we would have sex, which is want we did not want. He and I both were in agreement that the hanging out was dismantling our friendship and he values our friendship too much.

18. Bolin

My first relationship started January of last year. It lasted six months and ended completely out of the blue. He left me for someone who lived closer to him, although he wouldn't tell me until about 3 months after the fact (we were in a long distance relationship). We're still friends, though.

19. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

Yeah, pretty much. I'm probably in the worst position at the moment to want a relationship yet I want one anyway. I guess mostly because I kind of miss what I used to have, you know?

20. ChocolateCookie

Well I had my first boyfriend when I was like 6 years old... I think it lasted 2 hours?... I haven't really had a real relationship though. :/ But I'm sure that day will come! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: