1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This irritates the living hell out of me -.-

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by person57, Mar 15, 2014.

1. person57

I hate it so much when straight people say they support lgbt people but they use words like faggot, dyke, or tranny!!! Also, it irritates me when they use the word gay as a negative connotation and still say they support lgbt people. It's so stupid, annoying, and irritating!! Also, what really bothers me is when straight people still claim to support them but get grossed out by lgbt people making out!! Omg. Straight people can be so freaking irritating and they need to grow up, sorry if this is offensive to straight people but this really bothers me -.-

2. finlandwrc

Yeah this happens a lot too much if you ask me

3. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's what happens when people speak before they think. If I had a dollar every time it happened I could buy the solar system.

4. itsonlyrelative

One of my biggest frustrations is when straight "allies" claim that they are all for the LGBT community but then they say that they would rather they didn't have to see or hear about any LGBT issues.

5. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes exactly! It makes no sense. If you're an ally why do you say things that are likely to be offensive?!? Or "this one gay guy doesn't find it offensive", basically saying you shouldn't either...

#5 HM03, Mar 15, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2014
  6. Meagan

At least their trying. Would it be better if they told you that being LGBT meant you were worthless and deserving of hate?

7. PurpleGrey

Ugh! I hate that! Ordinarily, it's just an annoyance, but sometimes, like how on Family Guy where they simultaneously mock and defend gays, I get so pissed off! It's like, "we support the rights of limp-wristed fairies". What the eff?

8. newfish

Yes! There's this kid that sits next to me in band. He'll make really homophobic comments (really just idiotic comments in general) and then when i point out how stupid he's being (I really hate this kid) he'll say things like "I mean no disrespect to anybody" and blahblahblah. Well just DON'T SAY OFFENSIVE THINGS! And then there's this other really annoying kid that had the red equal sign as a profile picture, the same day he made a gay joke. This happens so often. UGH!

9. sniffer

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    I feel the same way there's, a lot of haters out there.

10. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    People I know are the opposite. They'll tell you not to say faggot, but seem to treat their minority friends like trophies or tokens than anything else. I remember a conversation with a few people and someone wasn't going to anknowledge someone's pronouns because said person used the word "faggot". To which someone said some shit like "that's a fair settlement" (that said person stops using the word faggot to get their pronouns respected; mind you they're both straight cis people telling a queer trans* person that).

11. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I hate that too and I've seen a few offenders but the most ridiculous one I heard is a straight guy that told other people to stop using the word Fag and while he used it many times afterwards . It's kinda how some straight guys say they love lesbians then when they find out they don't want to sleep with them they call us dykes and brats or a waste or childish . But they love lesbians :rolle:

12. Opheliac

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I think it stems from plain and simple ignorance. They want to appear to be tolerant and nice to people, so they say they're in support of the LGBT community. And sure, maybe they don't have a problem with a gay person in theory but they also don't see why a gay person would find a gay joke, or the use of "gay" as a synonym for "stupid", offensive. I think the thing is, some people live in an LGBT-tolerant world, so it sort of seems to them like discrimination is a thing of the past, which can be joked about now that it's over, which is definitely not the case. Of course they say they're in support of the community but they aren't having to deal with very serious things like people getting beaten up on the streets or anything like that. So I think it just seems like a light matter to them.

13. NotBrokenYet

I get frustrated when cisgender/heterosexual 'allies' stand by and do nothing when they see members of the LGBTQ+ community being harmed/degraded/oppressed but as soon as someone from the LGBTQ+ community fights back, they come in and say "OOOOOOOH, now wait! Not ALL cisgender/heterosexual folks are like that! If you're going to bully us than maybe we won't help you anymore!"

Its like.... when were you HELPING in the first place?! And then you go and act like your support is something to give and take at random because someone bruised their oppressor's feelings a little bit? There's an attitude of 'you need us and you need our approval' from those kinds of 'allies' that (when that attitude is taken towards being an ally) is used manipulatively. Really not okay.

I have a friend too who I love but some of her and her family's ideas are somewhat problematic when it comes to this area.... I mean, part of it is that they're very very Christian but like.... she's actually said "We're all for gay people, we have no issues with them, but we don't think they should be allowed to get married."

Right. So you have no issue with homosexuals, but you're TOTALLY fine with denying them a legal status over who they love purely because of your own personal religious beliefs. Reeeeeeally supportive....

14. Hiems

My favorite excuse is when such people claim it's okay for them to use those slurs because they have LGBT friends. I would venture to say that because you have LGBT friends, you should avoid using those slurs because they are offensive.

15. newfish

Or when people are like "Well, if someone is open about they're sexuality, they shouldn't be offended" and I just wonder where the hell they got their reasoning from?!?!

16. ThePhoenix

I get disgusted when people in general make out in public so yeah, and not everyone gets offended by it I mean using the word retarded is also offensive and people say that as well. I always hated when people say it especially since it didn't really get popular to (at least for me anyway) up until the last few year or so. I hear these terms along with stereotypes on a daily basis from my gaming friends so I've become numb to them I guess. I still don't think those terms are right, when someone says that I take it as a good thing and say well what's wrong with that or what's wrong with being happy (the other meaning of the term gay)? I apologize if none of that made since Im running on fumes right now.

17. Sorceress of Az

If it bothers you so much confront the people you know and let them know how you feel.

Their are words that bother me too, I hate the word: "Queer" which is why I don't type gender-queer that often I usually say non-binary or some thing like that, because to me "Queer" is as bad as the N word is to blacks.
    I am surrounding by people who use that word in a negative context, so that is why I hate the word. Makes me cringe just reading it...

18. nonbinarym

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    OMG, yes!!!!!!!! Everyday my "friends" say that they are "allies", yet they call others gay without a second thought. My mom says that she has nothing against "gays", yet whenever there's a segment on the news about someone coming out or something like that, she says why couldn't they have just kept it to themselves? No one cares or needs to know.

19. ShadowSpirit26

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Definitely agree. The ignorance of such people knows no bounds. -_-

20. FormulaTuner

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Im bi, for now at least, dating a guy. I use the word "fuck" as a comma. When im with friends they can call me gay or a fag or a flit whatever. Im cool with it they're my friends and I was doing that when I was in the cupboard so I've grown immune to it really. If I want to insult someone, I will call them a fag or a pole smoker or anything that comes to mind thats immediately offensive. I kinda get irritated when people are actually afraid to use the word "gay" or "fag" because it offends someone, its just a word. You arent, just gay. The same like none of my friends are just straight. We are people, you either get alone with a few or you dont. Thats life