1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for trans girlfriend/friend

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by chefakts91, Mar 15, 2014.

1. chefakts91

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Hey I guess this is my first admission that I may be more than straight, I have an extreme attraction to beautiful m2f trans women and I was wondering how I would go about meeting any or dating as I'm still kind of in the closet about this issue...any advice help would be vastly appreciated, also I'm in the fredericksburg area of virginia.

2. rainmustfall

rainmustfall Guest

The first thing you have to understand if that trans-women are women. That does not make you more than straight. The second thing is the treating a person as a fetish and not a person is incredibly offensive to a majority of people, and that if you are looking to date a women it should be for who she is, not a perceived stereotype. If you are looking for a hook-up that is one thing, but dating on that premise is *probably* not going to go very far.

3. newfish

Yep. Some other threads address this. You are still straight, and considering transgender women as men is not going to be received very well.

4. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    First post here for the wrong reasons people.

5. chefakts91

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    I don't mean to label then otherwise I'm just attracted to then it's my sexuality, I understand they are women and I'm nothing but respectful but it would be the same as saying you're attracted to bears or leather gays as I'm attracted to a certain kind of woman...it's all new to me I'm not a part of the community this is my way of asking is all not to be disrespectful

6. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Have you done any research on trans issues before? Have you actually spoken to (willing) trans people who want to educate cis people? Have you made a conscious effort to understand trans people, or are you treating them as a fetish?

I'm pretty sure it's a fetish to you; bears and leather are not comparable to transness. I believe that you're not deliberately trying to be disrespectful, but you've clearly made no effort to be respectful, either, which is not acceptable.

7. Simple Thoughts

I think you should consider rephrasing the question. I think you've struck a chord with a few people around here. ^.^'

So maybe you could try asking if anyone around here would be willing to educate you a bit on the subject? It might go over a little better ^^

8. rainmustfall

rainmustfall Guest

My best advice to you is to get to know some transgender individuals as people. Forget dating for now. Just get to know them in real life, get a good understanding of what they have to go through and who they are. Then, once you have done that, see if you still have the preference and go from there. Choosing to date them primarily for that one thing above who is a very bad reason.

9. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    " but it would be the same as saying you're attracted to bears or leather gays"

I assure you it is absolutely NOTHING like that.

See 'bears' and 'leather gays' are two things that ANY male could theoretically be. If they felt inclined any male could fit themselves into those categories.

Now take women. How could a cis-woman become a trans woman?

'Bears' and 'leather gays' and all the other different 'types' are in essence 'styles'. Trans is not a style.

10. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    If your a man and your attracted to a trans women you are still straight if you have sex with a trans woman and your a man your still straight . Same way if me a lesbian has sex or is attracted to trans women it doesn't make me bi, I'm still a lesbian . even if she has a penis . Trans women are still women that's why there is the word woman in trans .
    Why do you think there are so many stories of people catching straight men having sex with trans women
    I dated a trans woman in the past by the way

#10 stocking, Mar 15, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2014
  11. Claudette

Claudette Guest

There are plenty of sites that cater to your tastes, but I would recommend you calling them women, and just drop the trans =p

12. chefakts91

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Ok well I've had a good friendship with a cd tv and we hooked up and talked, I guess I don't know how to come across which is why I'm here asking for advice, no offense to anyone sorry

13. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    It's good that your asking don't feel bad , what do you mean by cd tv ?

14. chefakts91

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    She was a crossdresser, passable transvestite but yes I'm here for advice

15. rainmustfall

rainmustfall Guest

Being a crossdresser is very different from being transgendered. The two might overlap sometimes, but really they are very different set of situations.

16. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not true necessarily. I'm pretty sure crossdresser count as transgender...

17. Claudette

Claudette Guest

Crossdressing falls under the Trans umbrella term, but it is different from Transgender atleast here in the states

18. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Is it? It's clearly different from transsexual but I don't see how it can be 'different' from transgender necessarily...

19. rainmustfall

rainmustfall Guest

The main difference is that some people crossdress for fun, which is not the same thing as being transgender. The internal mental perception and why they are doing it is the key difference. As I said the reasons can overlap but don't necessarily do. A good example of intersectionality actually.

20. chefakts91

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    So do you guys have any advice on how to meet these women and go about it?