1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think i made a breakthrough!!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Ty Stylinson, Mar 15, 2014.

1. Ty Stylinson

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    So the other day, I was at the park with my niece. We walk past these two boys holding hands. I leaned down to tie my shoes and my niece grabbed my arms and told me to look at them. They were kissing. I was giggling like an idiot, because It was adorable and she looked disgusted. I asked her what was wrong and this happened:

Me: Whats wrong, love?
    Her: Their kissing. That's wrong.
    Me: Why is that wrong?
    Her: Their both boys, thats nasty.
    Me: Why is two boys nasty, but a boy and a girl isn't?
    Her: Because thats wrong.
    Me: How?
    Her: Because it's nasty.
    Me: Why isn't a boy and a girl nasty and wrong? It's both the same kind of love, it's just between different people.
    Her: I guess. Yeah.

BREAKTHROUGH!!!

2. Saint Otaku

Woo! It's always good to see a child rid of those darker ideals of "nastiness" and such -- better to tear out the corrupting seed before it's taken root ^_^

Anyhow, I'm happy for your niece. I know all too well how sad it is to see a child entrenched with ignorance, just looking at all my siblings.

3. Opheliac

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Good for you! And for your niece, she'll grow up to be a nicer person because of it :grin:

4. katwat

Someday your niece will remember you as the person who shone the first light for her. One of the (few) positives I can say about my sister when we were kids is that she was the one who explained why my father's racism was so idiotic. I am so glad she helped me to think for myself instead of leaving me to have my filled up with his bile.

5. FireSmoke

FireSmoke Guest

:icon_bigg