1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

An old man mistook me for a boy!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Psychedelic Bookmarks, Jul 18, 2008.

1. Psychedelic Bookmarks

Hehe I was wearing a big raincoat and he at first thought I was a boy. Then he realised I was a girl, and was very apologetic - I told him not to worry. For some reason it made me feel amused - I wanted my recent haircut to look androgynous, so I guess it's done its job! :icon_bigg

Tomorrow I'm going to a wedding and I'm wearing a shmexy dress so I doubt I'll look very androgynous then. I'll post some photos when I get back. I'm really looking forward to it!

2. Helen

Helen Guest

Hahaha, that's happened to me many a time! One old friend of my grandfathers kept referring to me and my brother collectively as 'the boys', and a woman who was going past me and my dad once on a hike went 'oh, is this your son?' to my dad.

3. Trumpetplyer23

People used to do that to me all the time. Usually when my mom and I teamed up to give them the 'Patented Look of Death', they realized that I was a girl.

It does get bothersome to me, for whatever reason. Sometimes it does make me laugh,though.

4. jazzrawr

See, I wish this would happen to me. (Wierd, I know.) I've always wanted to be able to look more like a guy, but it's a look that just doesnt suit me i guess.
    Because it would make me laugh ^.^
    But I'm not daring enough to cut my hair short or anything, and I have a rather feminine body. >.<

And oooooh yes, shmexy dress pictures! :slight_smile:

5. Psychedelic Bookmarks

You should totally try a short haircut someday, jazz. I like my current andro-look, it's liberating from years of long hair and femininity. It suits me quite well, too, because I have that kind of awkward teenage body atm. :grin:

6. Brandford

When i was little, i had long hair and people use to mistake me for a girl alot.

7. Xoote

8. lap531

People have mistaken me as boy so much that it does not bother me that much anymore, I still give them the death glair every once and a while.

9. Hoppip

Haha. I was sitting in science class on the first day of 8th grade, and I had lots of hair and a prepubescent high voice, and it wasn't revealed to me until later that the whole time I was talking to the girl next to me, she was trying to decide if I was an ugly girl or a nancy boy.

TT~TT

10. panda

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

11. I love short hairstyles like Helen's, and I really want to get my hair cut like that. But I don't think it would work for me because my hair's too curly- I would have to straighten it every day. I've never been mistaken for a boy- I've always had this long, curly hair that drives me insane.

12. MeskElil

My hair is the one thing that is feminine about me. I grow it out long so I can cut it off and donate it to Locks of Love, a place that makes wigs for cancer patients. I've done it 3 times already! :grin: But the rest of me is so boyish, it's nuts.