1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what are your "OCD" tendencies?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Nicholas1991, Mar 16, 2014.

1. Nicholas1991

Do any of you guys have weird little compulsions/neuroses?

one of mine is that i cant just type into google, it has to come up in the predicted text thing so i can click on it. so i miss out on a lot, lol.

Or When i have dinner, i have to have everything in order - and on a new plate for each different thing, cause foods cant mix together, if they do theyre 'contaminated'. So i always end up washing up :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

What are yours?

2. AudreyB

AudreyB Guest

Never, ever eat food out of a microwave. Who really knows what eating radiated food will do to us in the long run?

[​IMG]

3. Amerigo

not ocd but since a young age i've always found comfort in catching the loose dry skin from my fingers onto my clothes, often ruining them and leaving my fingers bleeding. sounds disgusting, it is kind of disgusting.

4. Colours

When I smoke a cigarette and I put it out, I always make 100% sure it is actually put out. I can't stand when the smoke is still going even though I have finished smoking because it is useless pollution.

That's the only thing that really comes to mind at the moment.

5. bamagirl

Out Status:
    A few people
    Well according to my therapist I compulsively do math and use it as a stress reliever so idk I guess there's that. I'm faster than calculators at mental math (I was a mathlete) and so if I see numbers in mh life I immediately start multiplying and dividing them, getting square roots etc. I also have this weird thing with the alphabet but that's complicated lol.

6. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have a thing about even numbers.

7. Nikky DoUrden

lol the food isn't radiated, and if u want to play with words then u r being radiated ALL THE TIME 24/7.
    A lamp is radiating at you.
    Light is radiation.
    In microwave all it do is sending Electromagnetic light of the micro spectrum, all it do is "excite" the molecules in your food that they will get warmer, thats all.
    Food can't be "radiated" as if its poison, plus it don't hit YOUR skin so what harm can it do?
    Look at this :
    [​IMG]

Radio waves hits us all the time.
    Visible light hits us all the time.
    Microwave thus can't really kill us :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    The dangerous part is Gamma, even X-Ray isn't as dangerous just if u overexposed to it so higher chance it'll get dangerous.

Wrote too much and i'm sorry please forgive me :grin:

For me anyway I must do shower before entering my bed, I don't want the dirt from the outside to get into where im sleeping :icon_bigg

8. AudreyB

AudreyB Guest

Here's another thing: I almost compulsively trace little patterns with my fingers, toes, or even my head why I hear music or have an earworm. And these patterns must always be geometric, mirrored left and right side, and be symmetrical. Woah, I'm a little weird. 0.o

---------- Post added 16th Mar 2014 at 11:39 AM ----------

What is this trying to combat OCD with logic malarkey? :lol::wink:

9. Nicholas1991

OCD always Wins over logic :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

10. CharlieChalk

Oh man. I am such a grammar freak it is unreal. I can't and have never been able to do shorthand writing - via text, email, letter or note. It's always been full sentences with full grammar. I'm also really really OCD when it comes to presentation of my work etc. If one table or graph has a label with a different font/spacing/layout, it either has to be changed or it has to go - My dissertation almost killed me with OCD rage.
    Also, I have to line things up square on a table etc. Even numbers for volume on the TV. Can't have mixed socks - they have to be the same pair. If I'm in a shop (food/clothes/other stuff) and the some of the items on display are backwards or aren't facing the same way or are just in the wrong place, I have to fix it so it is all the same.

Haha, apparently I'm pretty flipping OCD! Ooops!

11. Lawrence

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I hold my hand under the tap for about a minute to make certain it is off. I've tried to stop doing this but I kept thinking about the house flooding. When I turn things off I stare at the switches for about a minute to make certain they are off. If I don't I'll worry myself to death thinking about house fires. I align my shoes perfectly. I fold my clothes. I keep my video games and horror films in alphabetical order. Strangely, I haven't done the same with my CDs and books... probably because the task would take a long time. I do however keep spreadsheets of my collections. I do not like the volume level on my mp3 player to be an odd number. The weirdest one of all is I touch my bedroom door with my hands several times before I go to sleep otherwise I fear a tidal wave killing me.

I used to hurt myself when I failed to do sections perfectly in my video games. I'm a compulsive saver and ####### in RPG games. I'm almost always over-leveled when I fight bosses. I had 99 tents in ffvii. In racing games I play the same circuit again and again. I used maths for deciding my Dragon's Dogma level progression. I try to play through the arcade modes of my fighting games without taking one hit. I start again when I get hit. I tried to parry every attack of every enemy in some levels of Dark Souls. I could go on.

12. Cubiculum

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    When I look at the time on a clock I have to look back at it twice to make sure I was reading it right.

I also HAVE to organise inventories on games like Minecraft, I hate it when they're all jumbled up!

13. Stripe101

I swear to god if the volume on the television isn't by increments of 5...

[​IMG]

FIX IT

14. Nikky DoUrden

Parley! You win, you win!

15. BelleFromHell

I pick at my skin to the point where my mom says I look like a drug addict, I check the clock over and over again, I occasionally get thoughts I wish I could stop, I freak out when things aren't organized, I'm a clean freak...
    I also used to count everything to make sure there's nothing with the numbers 4 or 9 in it. (the Japanese words for 4 and 9 are homonyms for 'death' and 'suffering')

16. Hexagon

I have very little in terms of compulsive behaviour. We studied this it psych class, and I couldn't think of anything. My work presentation comes to mind - I use squared paper, which is pretty hard to find, and black and pink pens. But I don't suffer anxiety when I don't do this.

I suppose there is always mould. Mould is bad.

What I do have a problem with is self doubt. I think I'm getting over it slowly, but it's still quite a problem.

---------- Post added 16th Mar 2014 at 04:23 PM ----------

I have very little in terms of compulsive behaviour. We studied this it psych class, and I couldn't think of anything. My work presentation comes to mind - I use squared paper, which is pretty hard to find, and black and pink pens. But I don't suffer anxiety when I don't do this.

I suppose there is always mould. Mould is bad.

What I do have a problem with is self doubt. I think I'm getting over it slowly, but it's still quite a problem.

17. newfish

"Everyone double checks things sometimes. For example, you might double check to make sure the stove or iron is turned off before leaving the house. But people with obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) feel the need to check things repeatedly, or have certain thoughts or perform routines and rituals over and over. The thoughts and rituals associated with OCD cause distress and get in the way of daily life."

Gentle reminder that OCD is separate from liking things to be clean.

18. Yosia

I HAVE to wear socks when I sleep and I HAVE to have long sleeves which has led to people thinking I self harm >.<

I also have to wear at least 3 different colours XD

I also like my music to be in reverse alphabetical, so my playlist is Yohio at top and A day to remember at bottom XD

19. Nicholas1991

You're telling me, I work in mental health. That's why i put OCD in quotation marks, if that makes a difference :slight_smile:

20. Simple Thoughts

Let's see...

When I get into cleaning or am straightening something up I get super obsessive about. I remember when I worked as a cashier I'd spend all day on the little candy shelves beside us making sure every single thing of candy was: facing the same direction, equal distance apart, and nothing was there that didn't belong there. I got really particular about it -.-'

When I get bored I'll take whatevers laying around and play with it. I don't really know how to describe this one because I do weird things with whatever I have available and I'll treat it really carefully and try to make it perfect, but I'm not really making anything...so I don't know what to call it or even what I'm doing, but I get really obsessive about doing it >.>

I don't do this anymore, but when I was younger I used to watch my steps very carefully. I avoided stepping on cracks in the sidewalk, I also used to watch my steps at school and try very hard to only step on a certain colored tile as a I walked and I'd start counting my steps to figure out the floor's design pattern...not that it ever made me feel at east enough to look where I was going xD

#20 Simple Thoughts, Mar 16, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2014