1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What are your plans for the future?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by brokenpoetry, Mar 16, 2014.

1. brokenpoetry

Out Status:
    Some people
    Howdy! I've recently decided very specifically what I want to dedicate my life researching and I was wondering what everybody else had planned for their lives (work, family, or otherwise).
    As for me, I hope to research quantum entangled particles. More specifically, I would like to figure out how to use them to transmit energy wirelessly. With such technology, mankind could place solar panels on our moon and neighboring planets to use up all of that otherwise unused land. Then, we would have a new major source of clean energy.

2. Simple Thoughts

Isn't that what Japan ( or was it China ) is currently working on? Putting solar panels on the moon?

As for me. My future plans are....*crickets chirp* Oh yeah that's right I don't have any. Plans for the future require you to have an idea of what you want to do or be. I'm more of a "I exist...I know that much" kinda person :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Don't go spoiling the moon with solar panels!

In an ideal world I would love to be a counsellor specializing in LGBT stuff but I don't know how realistic that is. Failing that working with kids....my long term plans sort of fizzle out when you get past next month or so :grin:

4. IsThisAName

Good for you! That is awesome. I'm graduating college next year and will be applying to grad school in order to study for my PhD in developmental psychology. I want to become a college professor in psych and also do research. My professors have truly changed me for the better and I hope I can inspire students one day as much as my professors have inspired me.

As for family life, I just want to find someone who makes me happy. I only recently have started to accept myself as bisexual but as I become more and more comfortable with it, I don't care whether the person I marry is a guy or a girl. I do know I want kids one day and as long as I get to do that, I'll be happy :slight_smile:

5. brokenpoetry

Out Status:
    Some people
    Isn't that what Japan ( or was it China ) is currently working on? Putting solar panels on the moon?

As for me. My future plans are....*crickets chirp* Oh yeah that's right I don't have any. Plans for the future require you to have an idea of what you want to do or be. I'm more of a "I exist...I know that much" kinda person :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:[/QUOTE]

I am unaware of their efforts. The real issue is the transfer of energy from the moon to the Earth. I know the current idea is microwaves, but there are numerous issues with that such as loss of energy and radiation damage. My main goal is the utilization of quantum entanglement.

6. itsonlyrelative

Work-wise: After college I want to work on making robots more durable so that they can be used in a more day-to-day sense (I'm not trying to take over the world with robots). I also want to work with how robotics can be incorporated into daily life, while still encouraging people to maintain active lifestyles.

Personally: Hopefully by the time I am out of college, I will be fully out to my family and I might be in a relationship with someone. I do not want to get married until it is legal in every state for people to marry the person they love.

7. finlandwrc

I'd love to be a motorsport commentator I've bee told by friends I'm good at it so :grin: and weirdly I want to live in a motorhome not a house I am a strange person :slight_smile:

8. Neko Daemon

I've always wanted to go to another country, and I'm so fascinated by foreign cultures and languages.

I finally decided on a way that I can travel around the world and get a job at the same time. I'm planning on getting a TEFL degree (Teaching English as a Foreign Language), since that's my native language and it would be the easiest option for me to do.

I'm planning on going to Japan first for several reasons, a few of those being that I love learning Japanese, that's one of the cultures that interests me the most, and I've found some of the better English teaching groups for that country. I plan on going with the JET Programme (Japan Exchange and Teaching) to be an ALT (Assistant Language Teacher) for as long as I can, they have a limit on how many years you can be with them, and then I'll switch over to Interac for another year or two.

Afterwards, I'll decide if I would rather continue teaching in Japan, or if I'd want to go to another country at that time. I'll definitely go to at least two or three different countries eventually, but I REALLY want to go to Japan! xD

9. newfish

I don't even know anymore. I wanted to do medical research, particularly with mushrooms. I really love mycology. But now I don't know if I want to go more into the medical field - which could require some years of research before med school anyway. Plus I really love acting, which is in the opposite direction. I kind of want to double major in performance arts and biology/pre-med, and then try acting and if it fails go back to get another degree.

10. Fairylink

My current plans for the future is to play more Titanfall! :grin:

11. Straw_berry

I'm hoping to transfer to Tokyo Univeristy to get my PhD in Geophysics, and study Seismology.

12. Some Dude

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Career wise, I'd love to work in television. Probably writing but maybe producing or directing. My ultimate goal would be to win an Emmy

Family wise, an awesome husband and maybe kids, not too sure on that yet

13. Just Adam

I have been working on things for a while, I had plans of building a life that would of been brilliant but due to recent changes that life is no longer an option. So I have no actual idea what to do with my life tbh, the problem is not feeling positive and clear headed enough to even care.

14. Hexagon

Currently, these are my plans:
    -Finish A-levels
    -Go to University and study philosophy
    -My plans end here. I might get a job, but I don't know what I want to work as. I might remain in uni and get a phd.
    -Next, I might form a romantic partnership and get a kid. But I might not.

Anyway, apart from all that, I'd quite like a house with a garden that I can grow food in. And it would be nice if it were near a forest. I'd also like to figure out how to save the world.

15. GArchi1992

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    In this order my plans are...

- finish my degree in May with the grade I want! (fingers crossed)
    - attend my graduation in July.
    - hopefully get the job I'm after working as either an architectural assistant or as a cad designer.
    - get my car back on the road.
    - save money to get my own place (possibly move in with my other half)

And that's as far as I've got so far. I'm aiming to have achieved all that within this next year! But well see how that goes!

16. rainmustfall

rainmustfall Guest

I am an artist and writer, and I am currently working on a graphic novel while getting ready for a gallery show in NYC. Not sure when the show will be, since I am up to my ears in script writing, but it is something that has been in the works for a while.

17. biAnnika

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am 47 years old, a successful professional, and I have struggled with this question for at least the past 31 years. Very little of my career has had anything to do with any of the plans I tried to make...certainly not on plans I made when I was your age.

Good on ye for taking it up early...but I warn ye...don't take it too seriously. As they say, life is what happens to you while you're planning your life.

18. redskins20

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I plan on going to medical school and becoming an emergency room physician. After that, I want to join the Air Force as an Air Force Physician, and be sent all around the world. That's the hope, anyways. But I'm still in high school, so it possible my specialty will change. But the doctor and Air Force part shouldn't change.
    Unfortunately, I still have a long ways to go.:dry:

19. Khan

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I am currently in my first year of studying Psychology at a University, but I'll have to choose a more specific direction within Psychology next year, which will probably be either Clinical or Neuropsychology. After that, I would like to do a master in Forensic Psychology and work with all aspects of criminal behaviour. Though, I think I might have to move to another country to be able to do the job I want to do.
    I always imagined myself living by myself in an apartment, perhaps somewhere in central London, with my dog and my whiskey (I'm not an alcoholic, but I really appreciate Whiskey). Not that I do not want to get married, but I just can't imagine someone who would be able to put up with me, as my previous relationships have shown that I am in fact unable to function in such a close and intimate setting. But maybe that was because I was still struggling with sexual orientation and gender identity, if I find someone who is accepting of that, who knows what could happen?

20. Silva

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I am currently doing a year of school which helps to find what you want in the future. I decided to go to that school because I couldn't decide in high school what I wanted to do after, so here I am...

Obviously it's a very confronting year, so I'm often confronted with myself/my genderqueerness too, and I think I have accepted it but I don't know what to do with it now. My life would be so, so much more complicated if I came out, not to mention the men I fall in love with are, I think, heterosexual so I don't know what to do about that.

I might study English next year and move to London/Edinburgh/Oxford for (half) a year. But I don't know yet.