1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When Will Boys Get Over Themselves

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ZenMusic, Mar 17, 2014.

1. ZenMusic

Some boys at school think it's a joke (that has no comedic value whatsoever) to constantly come on to me, ask me if I want them to bend over, and if I fancy a bum, and some of them must be the least attractive boys I have ever seen. What do I do about this, because it's more irritating than hurtful?

2. Owl333

Owl333 Guest

You can just say: "I do have standards, you know." Sorry don't know if that's helpful lol. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride:

3. Randy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Just stand up to them and be straight with them and be like, "ya know...I have standards". Anyways, if it gets on your nerves more, report them. No student should ever do this to anyone.

4. Hexagon

Pretend to take them seriously in a sarcastic tone.

5. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It depends on how strong/confident you feel? I like the idea of fighting fire with fire in these situations, but, I wouldn't want you to do anything that will make a bad situation even worse... and it could if you react to their jibes.

You might not like the idea, but the best thing to do is report them. I know that's not seen as a good thing to do in many schools, but it's not good for you to have to put up with this level of crap either.

6. Just Adam

my actual advice is to report them. you may be able to cope with it even though it annoys you but another person who even only just over hears this may not be able to cope with the feelings of rejection and mockery.

me though I would of probably punched them at that age...which isn't a clever move.

7. Au.Quicksilver

I would be direct. How about,"You won't manage, even if you beg"? Add a slight smile to look sincere, and it's as good as a proper ":***: off"

8. Just Adam

so effectively say you couldn't take what I've got ? lol

9. GeeLee

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I say report them for harassment, having to explain themselves to an adult will fix their wagon good. Although I do like the option of a Joan Collins style acidic put down.

10. Ravi-VIXX777

Report them, but also tell you that your a turn off and not my type. You'd be suprised the length some will go to prove they are attractive enough for you.

11. leer

sounds normal for the north of England their just teenage lads hormones all over the place .

12. itsonlyrelative

The "they are just boys" excuse shouldn't be an excuse, they should be held accountable for their actions just like any other person. While they may be "teenage lads" now, tomorrow they will be grown men and if you don't teach them that their actions have consequences and that their words hurt people then you're doing something wrong. We expect young women to master this concept, why do we try to give men a free pass out of having accountability for their behavior?

13. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Agreed. I cannot abide that line of thinking. People get away with far too much because 'boys will be boys' or because 'thats just how girls are'.

14. Nikky DoUrden

Thats a good point there, I think its because the old point of view of "men hunting" that boys being wild looks trivial.
    That being said, I saw girls who act worse than boys, was actually bullied by a girl back in school although she was in a group with 2 more boys with her (and she was one of the most ugly blond girl I ever saw. I guess thats why im gay!).

But as I always think - main problem is with the parents, kids have their own judgment but not neceserily a healthy one, thats why u don't put kids in jail.
    Also keep in mind kids can change their ways more easily than grown ups, because their point of view isn't solid yet, we all know kids who were homophobic and when they grew up turned out they are gay :icon_wink

15. itsonlyrelative

Girls should take responsibility as well, nobody has the right to terrorize another for who they are or things they can't change about them self. I agree, it starts with parents shaping their children to be better human beings earlier on.

The other day I picked my little sister up from the bus stop and she was sobbing about how the girls in her class were tormenting her, she is only in third grade. I had flashbacks to dealing with very similar situations when I was in third grade and for years afterwards. That's just not something that youth should have to go through.

#15 itsonlyrelative, Mar 17, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2014
  16. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Sadly, it's never, for some. I like to think of adults as children who simply grew larger, since a lot of the playground dynamics continue to play out in the real world, and between the two, there are more similarities than differences (even if people are unwilling to believe it).

I'd give them a snarky reply, and if that didn't work, either do my best to ignore them, or report them to the authorities.

17. XTREMEZish

Heres what you do, make a comment back.

1. I have standards you know
    2. Stop flattering yourself
    3. Maybe one day I will be desperate enough for you

18. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just report it. Period.

Even if you aren't hurt as much as annoyed they will continue to bully and be pricks all the way up through "adulthood".

I hope this isn't in your classroom where it happens.

19. Neo1979

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Is all they are doing is asking if you fancy them? Is any homophobic language being directed at you e.g.queer; faggot; homo etc? If they know you are gay and just teasing that you might fancy them that is quite mild for 14 year old lads really. If there is any homophobic language being directed at you i would 1) tell them that you don't appreciate 2) if that doesnt stop it then report it. Ps if you have accepted you are gay and have come out to people at 14 that is pretty damn impressive...it took me until i was 30.

20. Au.Quicksilver

*facepalm* Damn pervs. I didn't mean THAT