1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why Do People Have Fights At School

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ZenMusic, Mar 19, 2014.

1. ZenMusic

Before these two girls called Sophie and Kelsey had a fight because Kelsey reckoned Sophie was being cheeky, and this girl called Courtney got beat up by this girl called Nikisha because Courtney supposedly slept with Nikisha's boyfriend, so

1. Why didn't Kelsey ignore Sophie if she was being cheeky?

2. Why didn't Nikisha go after the person who REALLY broke her trust, her boyfriend?

2. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't know, but where I went to high school, there was a UFC brawl every day. The best ones to watch were the catty girlfights, and one thing I learned pretty quickly from those days is that somebody's getting their hair pulled. It was always fun to watch while chanting with everybody else "Jerry! Jerry! Jerry!"

3. ZenMusic

Girls always go straight for the hair...

4. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Cat fight

5. Hexagon

Because they sometimes have disagreements, sometimes are illogical, and sometimes don't even bother to think at all.

6. Yosia

I hate it when people fight, and at school it is usually over stupid things~ once two people were fighting because he talked to his girlfriend like not even romantically and one broke his nose and the other guy got hospitalised~ its so stupid, i have no sorry for idiots like this~

7. brokenpoetry

Out Status:
    Some people
    I am a very large man. Standing at a whopping 6'3", weighing in at 280 pounds, and a handlebar mustache to top it all off (so you know that it isn't all for show ^.^). That having been said, I am known as a gentle giant around my old school, and positively refused to throw the first punch. Diplomacy > Physical and verbal violence. One day, some inbred was giving me shit for being gay. He started shouting at me when I would calmly fire back with the occasional "if you were any more inbred you'd be a sandwich" and after he accused me of being possessed "well I'm pretty sure an exorcism can fix that. Too bad they don't have a cure for that shitty attitude of yours". Well, he lost it and sent a fist right at my jaw. Here's the plot twist, at this point I had been hosting fight clubs for just under two years, had sent two would be muggers to the hospital, had training in Brazilian jiu jitsu, and could move much faster than my size would suggest. I took the first hit out of principle ( no first punches unless life or death situation requires it ), and proceeded to pull his second punch past me, land a devastating blow to his lower ribs, and then overextend his arm. While I don't condone looking for fights, I pride myself in my ability to defend myself. My only regret is not having a snappy one-liner for when I threw him down.

8. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Most questions about human nature can be answered with "because people are stupid." While it's not totally applicable to a situation like this, it can be boiled down to impetuousness and immaturity. If they were to listen first and speak second, this wouldn't happen, but that goes against primal urges.

9. Hiems

Fights happened so frequently at my catholic middle school. There were more catfights than fights between guys. Some happened near school grounds but not close enough for school faculty to notice, so the people continued to fight without anyone intervening. Luckily, the battles were purely physical and did not involve usage of other weapons that could more likely cause collateral damage.

They almost never happened at my high school, and that's likely because people there generally got along with each other well.

10. KWDBM

I agree with what Argentwing said.

Especially in middle/high school, we're talking puberty. Puberty=borked hormones. When there's crap-drama in your life already, it can be easy to just *act* against someone without taking the time to really think about everything.

11. Lawrence

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's called being immature. Or an inability to think more than two seconds ahead! The teachers were scared of some of the kids at my high school. Although I've seen plenty adults that act childish. I am forever playing peacemaker. Then again, I've engaged in logomachy. I generally dislike conflict. I got tons of morbid interests and I'm almost a complete pacifist.

When it comes to down to it, I defend myself as much as needed. Thankfully true physical fights have been extremely rare in recent years. When I talk people down they might think I am a coward. Whatever. They don't deserve to see my techniques.