1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I too skinny to be found attractive?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by RGX Guy, Jul 19, 2008.

1. RGX Guy

RGX Guy Guest

I'm 5'8 and weigh around 128-130.
    I saw some friends and they were like "You're so skinny you have the body of a girl minus the boobs" Girls told me that.

And I spent the night at my friends house and his whole family was like "you're so skinny you need to eat!"

I just don't have a big appetite lol.

Am I too skinny?
    I don't want to look deformed.

And no I don't diet or even exercise.

2. the ry guy

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    hey, don't feel to bad i'm in the same boat. i'm 6" 145lbs and there aint noth'n wrong with being skinny :thumbsup:, i went through the same shit in high school, at family reunions, and what not. oh your so skinny you need to eat more, oh this or that, i don't care what most of them think anymore, it might just be that you have a high metabalism and your body burns up food faster than other people, i like skinny/fit guys, i never cared for all the guys at the gym that can bench 400lbs and have huge muscles thats more of a turn off for me.

#2 the ry guy, Jul 19, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2008
  3. TheSuburbian

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hehe, I'm 6' and 130-135 lbs. I'm not deformed. >.> Tell them to shut up. xD I eat like a hummingbird. Dr. Pepper is my 3 meals a day.

4. RGX Guy

RGX Guy Guest

I'm surprised people don't like big muscles as much as I do.
    I think they're hot. Haha.

5. Defender

Defender Guest

I'm 5ft 10 and about 59kg, which is somewhere around 130lbs I think. I always wonder the same thing =\. I'd like to bulk up a little, but no matter what I eat, nothing ever happens to my weight. I do workout and everything, maybe its just in my head, I don't know.

6. TheSuburbian

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ooh, they are. ^^ But skinny, catlike people are sexy too :3

7. RGX Guy

RGX Guy Guest

I'm sure you're fine.
    At least you're tall! :]

I actually like being my size though except for the fact that I'm not very strong. Lol.

But I'm too lazy to work out haha.

8. Trumpetplyer23

I'm dreadfully skinny. I am 5 foot 5 and I weigh 114 pounds. I have friends who envy my body type. It has nothing to do with dieting or exercising (I'm trying to build muscle in my arms for sports) but I just have this high metabolism.

People have told me that they think I'm anorexic because of how skinny I am. At least until I show them my 'guns', my arm muscles, then they shut up. I eat more than most of my guy friends.

As for not being attractive, personally, I find a guy who has lean muscle more sexy than a guy who is a steroid monster. Tall and skinny is pretty hot in my book.

9. Quitex

Quitex Guest

It is always better to be skinny than fat. I'd love people to tell me "you're too skinny" than "geez, you're so fat!"
    I am over 100 pounds over my ideal weight.

10. Jim1454

That's what I was thinking. But then again, the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence, isn't it? Be comfortable with who you are and how you look, and tell people that you appreciate their concern but that you're fine the way you are.

11. William1

Well I'm 160 cm tall and I weigh 47 kilos. I think I am too skinny but the school doctor says I am in the median range for my age. He says I am on the small and light side, but fine for someone between 13 and 14, so I shouldn't worry about it. I don't know if this helps. :icon_bigg

12. darkestknight

Lol, I'm only 52 KGs and 170cm++. :slight_smile:

13. Blue0090

Blue0090 Guest

Nah, i"m pretty sure youre fine bro. And I think they didn't mean it like THAT theyre just prolly joking. i used to be called fat when i was younger and now everyones telling me how skinny i am. trust me theres nothing wrong with being skinny :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

and i just realized, im the same height and weight as you. not unless i got taller since june

14. I definitely agree.:thumbsup:

15. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No one is too ANYTHING to be attractive.

My thought is this. There's probably 1-2% of people out there who qualify as "attractive". As in, you might see them in a magazine advertisement. The rest of us are just kinda normal. Our hair looks weird, or we're kinda fat, or our smile is odd. Whatever.

That doesn't mean that us normal people are doomed to be alone. It just means it's less likely that someone's going to fall in love with us from across a crowded room. Which means we've gotta do things the hard way. We gotta get out there, we gotta meet people, we gotta find someone we click with, and we gotta start building relationships. Yeah, it's harder, but totally worth it. :slight_smile:

Lex

16. Beebo

I am way more attracted to smaller guys than bigger guys. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: The question is, if you disregard everything your friends have told you, are you happy with yourself being thin?

To be honest, most people make fun of skinnier people because they are jealous (usually because they have a few more pounds than they want).

I've been called skinny when I weighed 160lbs... O_O. I think calling someone skinny is just a mean way of calling them, 'Not Fat'.

17. Helen

Helen Guest

I agree with all the above, the only reason people ever refer to the word 'skinny' in a derogatory way is because they're absurdly jealous of skinny people :grin:

I never liked too much muscle on a guy, skinny's always turned me on more ^_^

So, in answer to your question, no, you're not too skinny to be found attractive, because I highly doubt I'm the only girl in the world who finds skinny attractive :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

18. justjoshoh

I agree wit Lex, and would point out that even the "attractive" people are airbrushed or photo shopped to take care of their blemishes.

19. William1

If you're a girl it's OK to be small and light, but if you're a boy it's better to be big and heavy. I got pushed around a lot when i changed schools, and people still usually think I'm younger than I am. It sux - so give me big and heavy any day. :dry:

20. Tom

Tom Guest

im 5'9" and about 140 lbs, im quite happily in the average weight range and im sure there was about a stone above and below what i am for you to be in the normal range, if anything you are at the lower end of the normal BMI or very very slightly underweight. but unless you are having any health problems because of your weight then there is nothing to worry about, as long as you keep eating enough to keep you going then it doesnt matter if you are under weight. just be happy with how you are, its the body that matches your lifestyle so trying to change your body would mean a change in lifestyle and i dont see any complaints about your lifestyle so just stay the way you are ^^

there is no way you could be too skinny to be attractive, the only time id say that maybe you were is when your biology teacher uses you as a prop when it comes to teaching the class about bones instead of one of those plastic skeletons.