1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WBC (Godhatesfags.com)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by -Michael-, Jul 19, 2008.

1. -Michael-

Okay after reading the 'Cult?' thread and watching the video.

Ive done a little research into the Westboro Church.
    And i just HAD to get in contact...

this is what i wrote.

I hope i get a reply :thumbsup:

#1 -Michael-, Jul 19, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2008
  2. Vampyrecat

I hate to say it, but I doubt you will. I wrote a similar letter to them a while ago. I never got a reply :frowning2:

3. dictionary

There song 'God hates the world' has to be infinging on coppyright law

sounds alot like USA for africa's we are the world..

4. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I really doubt you'll get a response. One letter from one person will not change their views, they're far too set in. If you've ever seen the various British TV personalities go and interview them, it's almost sickening the idea they have of what a gay person is supposed to be. They feel that we couldn't possibly love each other because homosexuality reduces one's lifespan, apparently, so we hate each other but we keep it up out of greed, lust, and perversion. Shame, really, but remember that Fred is getting up there. Eventually he won't be around to parade his family around funerals and Shirley will have to lead the pack. She's not much better, but she doesn't have the same egotistical, angry-at-everyone attitude her father does.

And "God Hates the World" is just a rewritten version of the more popular song. They do it all the time, take a well-known song and add new lyrics, almost every protest group has done that before. Hardly a copyright infringement, they don't claim it to be their original material.

5. Trumpetplyer23

I noted that the second time I listened to that. I think it bugs me more that they took a song that was written and recorded for famine relief in Africa and transformed it into a song used to promote hate.

I hope Lionel Ritchie and Micheal Jackson (the writers of the song) sue the pants off of the Phelps family. That would just make my day.

Which reminds me, whenever they won't let Fred Phelps protest somewhere (a funeral or something) he always screams that he's going to sue them. Which is just a waste of time for the courts.

6. Defraction

I don't see why WBC get all that attention, seriously.

These kind of reactions are what they want.

They'll just laugh at letter, just like all the other ones they get.

You will never change their mind, and they will continue to abide these beliefs.

Just ignore them. I do.

And about the funeral boycotting, can't that be persecuted? (sp?)

7. -Michael-

I didn't try to change their opinions.

In fact im quite compelled to try and join up to see what it's like.
    I get interested in these things.
    I like to see how they tick and function.

And plus they're the most amazing people i've ever heard of.
    They're so funny :')

8. STK

STK Guest

Those guys need to have all means of communicating taken away from them.

9. Defraction

It's widely speculated whether www.landoverbaptist.net is a parody website, or is indeed real.

I believe it's fake, since I used to spend a lot of time reading all the stuff they had to say. Perhaps it's because of this I'm desensitized to what Christian extremists have to pour out against gays and whatnot. :grin:

But yeah, I went on there for that reason. From that website, all I saw was people trying to make themselves appear more powerful and use the Bible to justify themselves so.

BTW, what I meant about the "opinion changing" thing was that no matter how many letters they recieve, they're never gonna change. The only thing that'll stop them is the law, so let's just hope something can be done.

10. Nitro

(Now before anybody gets mad, maybe you should finish reading my post.)

Back in the early days of christianity, christians were hunted down and creatively murdered for public entertainment. Now granted we may appear a bit more civilized these days, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was news media attention about the "most hated family in america" or being called "sick" on The Jeremy Kyle Show, that serves to give their members strength and reassurance that they are following in the footsteps of Jesus. And having a reverend on the show to show them their errors? Back some (approx) 2000 years the pharisees were the more respected authorities in the land on the subject of God's laws and they tried to mock and trick the Messiah (and failed on all accounts).

Now what the WBC is missing in this whole equation is that Jesus preached salvation and love for all of god's children (you, me, and every other human).

So don't give them a medium to transmit their message of hate and do not taunt them (unless you know what you are doing) to avoid giving them false reassurance of doing the right thing.

11. kramer362

This exactly.

How useless would they feel if people didn't even acknowledge that they're there picketing? It'd be way more effective than trying to change their opinion, they're too far gone from being indoctrinated since childhood... in my opinion