1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's your favourite Season of the year

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ChloeKiss, Mar 20, 2014.

1. ChloeKiss

ChloeKiss Guest

Mine is definitely Winter.. Mainly because I get to wear my turtleneck sweaters! No not the granny looking ones. But also because I love cold weather :slight_smile: What's your favourite season?

2. White Knight

This one... Spring.

Everywhere is green, weather is not too hot or too cold. I feel excited while waiting trees to bloom.

It is not a wonder I born in spring, it makes me want to live.

3. AtticusJohn

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My favourite season of the year is probably whenever Doctor Who is released.
    In regards to weather I would have to say Summer or Winter.

4. Yosia

Spring or early autumn/fall as the weather is perfect, not too hot or cold and the scenery is beautiful <3

5. AlamoCity

Well, save for this crazy season, we here in Texas have only two seasons: hot and HELL. If I didn't travel around, I would have never known what "fall" and "winter" are :lol:.

I actually like all of the seasons. Spring is colorful and nice to go outside and tend the gardens and enjoy the outdoors; summer is hot as hell but wonderful to travel and go to the rivers and lakes and the coast; fall has the changing weather (if we're lucky :lol:slight_smile: and the holidays and foods and nice autumnal landscape; winter has more holidays and a nice, depressing cold that is almost like a spiritual cleanse to prepare us for the new year.

I like them all.

6. robclem21

If you lived in Canada this year, I can guarantee you would not say winter. Our average temperature was probably close to -20C, and with windchill, most days it would be more around -30 to -35C. In fact, most days we had severe weather alerts and it was too cold to even go outside without losing feeling in your face. Not to mention the meters of ice and snow that have to be shovelled to even be able to walk out of your house...

I think for me fall is definitely my favourite. To me, that is jean and sweater weather. It still gets dark relatively late, but its also very dry and not a lot of rain. There are still a lot of fun things to do outside but its also not disgustingly hot. :slight_smile:

7. Valkyrimon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I like summer. Here in britain, it gets to a pretty comfortable temperature at times and the days are long.

8. sanguine

Winter, you can stay in bed and people wouldnt question why you're still in there.

I use to live in NZ and it was cold and would rain almost everyday, and the sky was always somewhat grey
    loved it

its too dam hot here!

9. setnyx

i love fall. the falling leaves so colorful, crunching under foot and the smell of them being burned. the crispness in the air. of course halloween is awesome especially since i'm wiccan.

10. Higs

Oh winter for sure, I love sitting at home with a blanket and a cup of hot tea watching my shows...

My least favorite is spring though, it's horrible where I live.. It's a cold morning you should really wear something warm... 10 minutes later lol joking here have a 25 degrees clear sky and burning hot sun. Enjoy

11. Jwis

Fall,

Love the changing colors and the nice temperatures. We have some great weather stretches in fall where its nice and mild during the day (mid 70's) and drops down to the mid 40's at night. Perfect. Get to wear the shorts and stuff during the day and then the nice clothes during the night.

Winter is my least favorite, especially after this last one. It was the coldest winter I have ever experienced.

12. AAASAS

Summer

I love just lounging in the shade complaining about how hot it is. I know it sounds dumb, but I actually like the heat a lot. Not so much the humidity, but something about sunshine and heat makes me feel at peace. It's almost a primal feeling of oneness.

I also love Thunderstorms. Nothing is more cozy to me than being inside when it's torrential downpour, with high winds and lightning.

There's a huge boggy marsh across the street from me, and several ponds and mini lakes in my area, so at night in the summer here it can get pretty loud from the bullfrogs, crickets, birds, and everything, and that's the best thing to fall asleep to. If I hear a loon howling too, that's the best, most likely my favourite animal noise of all time. Same with coyotes howling. I suggest anyone who hasn't heard a loon before listen. It's really haunting.

[youtube]hSQgcnIBZdw[/youtube]

Also sometimes the fire flies get so heavy at night in the creek across the street, like literally thousands will be there and it's the craziest thing to watch or experience.

Summer is the best, everything is alive up here and it's never quiet where I live, but in a natural way. Non-stop crickets, birds, loons, coyotes, foxes, toads, frogs, everything.

13. Jwis

You bring up some good points I've forgotten about summer! I love the sound of loons. I often get up early in the AM to go for a swim and have seen them out then just floating around in the water. They often let you swim within feet of them its really cool.

14. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Summer because days are longer, I get them off, I can go outside, the beach, swimming and my birthday is in the summer.

Also rather be hot than cold.

15. EatYourRikkios

Autumn! Which doesn't exist in Florida! (Kill me...)

But yeah - autumn, most definitely. Changing leaves, picking apples, hay rides, making preserves with my Grammy, and it's so nice out. It's finally cooling off, there's that nip in the air that just makes me want to go running for miles. To me, it seems like the most alive season, everything is building up before winter comes and life comes to a screeching halt. Autumn makes me want to sit by the fire pit and knit a hat, then go climb trees, and hike and... it makes me smile. Yay, autumn!

Also, gotta say, best season for hot-tubbing. It's cool out, which makes the hot water even better, but it's not freezing. Woot!

16. Paisley

I'm going to say spring. It's amazing, the green is coming back, the flowers are blooming, birds are chirping, the horses begin to foal, the critters in the mountains are more abundant, especially the deer and elk, it gets sunny, and my favorite thing, it always smells like its about to rain.

I love me some spring.

17. sam the man

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I like 'em all, but I'd probably go with early to mid autumn since if there's an Indian summer the temperature is at a nice level (unlike summer and winter) and the scenery's awesome too. Plus, though I do love snow scenery, most winters over here it either doesn't snow at all or it snows too damn long. If the autumn in a year isn't all that good or too wet I'd probably say late spring/early summer instead.

18. Foxface

absolutely summer...I love it to death, heat, sun, no winter

19. Hexagon

Spring is lovely.