1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who have you met that is famous?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Foxface, Mar 20, 2014.

1. Foxface

I've always liked to ask this

not a lot for me to be honest

I met Bob Love (former Bulls player) who gave a speech on motivation for change. Bob was a lifelong stutterer who found ways to change that about himself.

I ran into Michael Jordan...as in BAM ran into him. I am a big guy but he didn't even budge at all

The I met Debbie Gibson as a kid. was given tickets to a 100 person private piano concert of hers then got to go backstage and meet her...awesome moment. My first ever crush...love her music and talent

2. TheStudent

TheStudent Guest

Lionel Messi (Football/soccer player) and Ricky Hatton (Boxer)

3. Nikky DoUrden

Oh wow :O
    Does he.... walk the streets?! details, details!!!!

Myself I only saw 1 famous guy in here, maybe 2, but from afar :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4. phoenix89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I got a picture with Jack Black and Kyle Gass. I also met the members of Bowling for Soup and Scorpion Jack, which is Celtic Band.

#4 phoenix89, Mar 20, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2014
  5. I met youtuber KevJumba last year at a charity basketball game. A bunch of people wanted his autograph and I got it! :slight_smile:

I met Ted from WongFuProductions at the same basketball game and I took a picture with him. I also met JustKiddingFilms.

6. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    King Abdullah of Jordan, nice and down to earth. Very unlike what I expected.

Saw David Letterman going for a jog in upstate New York one time with my family in a van. They realized who it was, backed up and opened the sliding door and everyone yelled and said hi Dave.

I sat there and cringed thinking he's gonna call the cops thinking we are going to abduct him.

He isn't a recognizable face, but Peter Lynch, who was one of the founders of Merrill Lynch. Probably one of the richest people I've ever met but also very unassuming and cool guy.

Bill Cosby - Spoke as his and my grad school alma mater once. Got to shake his hand.

I dunno that's about it.

7. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Several senior politicians, diplomats, jurists, and some corporate/charity directors (most non-Australians wouldn't or would only vaguely recognise their names)

I've had several sports people come to my school(s) to give talks, but given that I never talked to them, I wouldn't say I've met them.

8. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    PGA golfer Shigeki Maruyama. I walked with him and carried the board with his score on it while volunteering at a tournament. He's a cool guy. I don't think he spoke much English, but I shook his hand and rode on the cart with him and his caddy while going out to the first hole. He's a little guy at probably 5'6" or so, but he can rip a drive like nobody's business.

9. Foxface

oh my thanks for the question

so I used to be a paramedic for a private company before I went to a 911 contract. I worked in the Northern suburbs of good ole Chicago where he used to live. I was in restaurant (nothing fancy) and was getting food when my pager went off. I grabbed food and dashed out the door and BAM! Right into him...that summa bitch is huge. I sid sorry, looked and realized who it was and spent a brief starstruck moment and went to my call

I am told later that back in the Bulls days he used to walk wherever he felt like and the town he lived in treated him like a regular citizen and often helped keep parazzi from him. He apparently wanted to live a normal life and for the most part he did when he lived there

Iw as just mostly inpressed that I took my 6'4" and 200 pound body into him and shook me off like a leaf

10. biAnnika

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Met Kate Pierson of the B-52's!!

My partner and I were returning from a trip abroad, and when we went through re-entry Customs at JFK, the Customs Official said to us, "do you know who that was in front of you? That was Kate Pierson of the B-52s!" (This was SO weird, because during our whole trip, we'd both had "Mesopotamia" by the B-52's running through our heads, despite not having heard that song in quite a while.)

We weren't sure whether to believe him, but we ran ahead to Baggage Claim, found her, and talked with her until the baggage carousel started. Got autographs and everything. Woooot!!

11. AmiBee

I've chatted with Chris Evans (Captain America) when we were both picking up our dogs from boarding.
    I knew Diary of a Wimpy Kid author, Jeff Kinney, before he was famous. He used to be married to a friend of mine.
    That's about it for my close encounters with famous people.

12. Foxface

TIIIIIIIIIIIN ROOF....Rusted...

13. Nikky DoUrden

Oh wow nice story!
    Didn't know he used to walk like a "regular citizen" .. doesn't people always try to get close to him ? hes kinda a living legend :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    And he can shrug off even bigger people than you, Shaq for example that giant is 7'1 , 300lb :icon_bigg

14. Foxface

absolutely...he was practically protected as a citizen there. The people there took care of him

15. kaguyayugami

Out Status:
    Some people
    I've met Kyary Pamyu Pamyu, Marina and the Diamonds, Lindsey Stirling, and Troy Baker. All were great experiences, though when I met Kyary and Marina, it was for a meet and greet, so it was very rushed and I didn't get to say too much.
    I also passed by Tom Hiddleston while I was visiting Michigan. He was leaving a hotel in Livonia, though he looked busy or I would've said hello or something lol.

16. itsonlyrelative

Clinton Portis, Kirk Cousins, Alfred Morris, Brian Orakpo, London Fletcher, Chris Cooley, Newt Gingrich, Bill Murray, Suzanne Collins, and Dean Kamen (If you know who he is you are my knew best friend)

17. BMC77

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Brent Hartinger (Geography Club author). Actually, I knew of him before he even Geography Club was published. (He was a regular contributor to a local newspaper's op-ed page at one point.)

18. EatYourRikkios

Umm... I met a Christian band, Rough Draft, at Youth Camp when I was thirteen, and I've had my picture taken with all the Disney princesses? And I met Claire Conner, author of Wrapped in the Flag: A Personal History of America's Radical Right at the UU church near me once. She was ... kinda preachy, if I'm being honest. She was a nice lady, though, and complimented the pumpkin pie I brought to the potluck afterward.

19. IsThisAName

Tons of band members of pop punk bands that no one here has probably heard of!

I also kinda met Taylor Swift. I was outside the arena after her show and me and my sister were on one side of the arena's exit, and on the other side were at LEAST 50 Taylor Swift look alikes, waiting for her as well. Suddenly her SUV pulls out, and Taylor rolls down her window, and sticks her head out the window on me and my sister's side, and says "thanks so much for coming to my show!!!!" all happy and excited. She saw us two but didn't even see the 50 ACTUAL fans on the other side. It was amazing.

The best part? We didn't even GO to her show, we just went there to try and meet her. :roflmao:

20. The Escapist

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    How has everyone met mulitiple celebrities? Wtf.
    Life is backwards.