1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I want to buy wig ^.^

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Yosia, Mar 20, 2014.

1. Yosia

I really hate having short hair and i cant grow it becuase i hate having curly hair~ i cant win XD
    I thought maybe i could get wig and wear that but i was wondering, how much are they for a realistic one? And how do i tell my mum i want one? ^.^

2. EatYourRikkios

Have you thought of getting a perm to straighten it? Or a weave?

As for telling your mom, I don't know what she's like, so I couldn't really tell you how to go about it with her. On one end of the spectrum, you could go about it the way my cousin does, where he turns to his mom while they're out shopping and says 'Mom, I want to buy a skirt.' On the other end, there's my dad, who when a friend of mine came out as trans, said transgender wasn't a real thing and continues to use air quotes around the word in her presence. My advice would be to consider realistically her reaction if you asked, and do what you think is best. Ideally, you could just say 'Hey Mom, I'm thinking that I want to get a wig.'

It could cost anywhere from $50 to $500 dollars, depending on the length, where you buy it, and the quality. Look around, maybe there's a wig shop nearby you could browse through?

3. AudreyB

AudreyB Guest

I can get behind this. I too have somewhat curly/kinky hair (unattractively so) that grows only up and out as it lengthens. Am thinking about exploring the shoulder-length brunette look. Would love to go for the long-tresses-over-one-eye effect, as suggested in my avatar (where I substitute a hat).

4. animequeen567

You can find cheap synthetic wigs on ebay for pretty cheap. You just have to specify what you want. Just make sure you read reviews for the seller before you buy. It's always a hit or miss buying from eBay, but I've found some amazing wigs there cheap. (I cosplay a lot lol)

5. Poe

Poe

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I love wigs! I have some fun colorful cheap ones and some real hair wigs that I spent a ton of money on. My most expensive and probably the only one that people who don't know me are fooled by cost about 1200$, I can do anything to it, but its a lot of up keep, I have to pay a local salon to clean and treat it. When I get to my computer I can post some links to some websites I use if you'd like.