1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need opinions on stories that I'm writing! please help!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Bring it, Mar 20, 2014.

1. Bring it

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Ok so first, I'm working on a story that I started when I was 9 years old, and I'm starting it over it for the second time. I have an idea for the storyline but I want some exterior opinions on it before I write it into the story.
    Basically, after a long and strange series of events the main protagonist, Analee (14), meets Eleena (11). Eleena (who I'm considering making secretly lesbian) gets to know Analee and they become friends, but Eleena falls in love. She eventually reveals herself to Analee and... that's where my idea stops. This is more of a subplot than a main storyline, but is it a good idea? If so, where can I go with it? I haven't decided if Analee accepts her or rejects her or whatever, so what do you think I should do?

Second, I'm writing a sword Art Online fanfiction. For those who don't know what sword art online is, you should look it up on youtube, netflix, or crunchyroll, because it is amazing, also, stop reading because I might mention early episode spoilers. Seriously, stop reading and go watch anime.

Now for those who do know about SAO, I have a question.I have four characters wandering around just doing their thing (before they discover the missing logout button). I can't decide whether to kill one of the characters. He would die because his family removed the nervegear while he was playing, but his friends wouldn't know he was dead until after they were teleported back to the town. Having that happen to the characters would make me feel like a a$$ of an author, but it would be such a good plotpoint! What should I do?

2. Simple Thoughts

I like both ideas!

For the first, just write how you feel. The answer of whether she accepts or rejects her friend will probably come to you as the story progresses. If you're attached to your work you'll start feeling the characters and it'll probably become a natural choice one way or the other which is the one they'd make ^^

For killing a character on SAO. Go for it, the mark of a good author is being unafraid to make tough choices. Ones that might not be what everyone wants to have happen. Any good story has something to say, and the best authors will let the story make its point even if it means killing off a beloved character. ^^