1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any Ideas?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by nodoubtjunkie, Jul 19, 2008.

1. I've been sent some summer work by my sixth form college to complete before my courses start in semptember and i have no ideas lol.

the task is to complete an observational drawing or other piece of work in an appropriate medium. It says that the subject has to be one natural form and one man made (eg, and cup and a flower) on an interesting surface, and i have to complete six of these pieces before the first lesson of term. For each piece, the items and the surface must be different.

I'm completely stuck as what to do lol.

any ideas or guidance on the subject would be highly appreciated =]

thank you :icon_bigg

2. yahooooo

yahooooo Guest

Hmm.. I'm not sure if it counts but you could always find a man made object and place it in a natural setting to draw from, or find a man made environment and then place and draw a natural object? For instance taking the said cup into woodland and draw the cup and surrounding?? Or, my favourite way of drawing is by taking photos and carrying on the image in a medium out from the border.... There is so much you could do!!
    Maybe get a natural object then place it in different places all over your house as then the surface is different and the house is man made. If I were you I would start with an idea for a piece that you like - as in using skills you are comfortable with then see where it goes from there!
    I always find that idea's develop once you get pen to paper and start!! Maybe type in some key words on google images to see what it comes up with to give you inspiration too. It actually sounds like a fun project! So if I were you I would just start with an idea and see where it goes from there.. Have fun!!

3. Hoppip

OOOH.

Do like, a mushy half-smoked cigarette on oily asphalt next to a dried up leaf. : D