1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FtM question-music related!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by wolfxinxchains, Mar 21, 2014.

1. wolfxinxchains

IK what you're thinking. but it's not advice so much as I am wondering about it... So I like to sing, and I was wondering-what will happen when/if I get T and my voice changes, will it be harder to sing? will I sound bad? I can already sing practically just as low as every other guy in my grade and I think my lower range is even better than my higher range. does this count for anything? Just me wondering like always! thanks~

2. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Someone told me the voice does deepen a bit, but I don't know.

I would have thought if it did you could get it back with practice.

3. Ruthven

4. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

If it's any help, singer Lucas Silvera of the Cliks is a transguy. He'd been singing for some time before going on T and I think for a while he was going to do what Ryan Cassata did- refrain from HRT so he could keep his singing voice. But after a few years, he just put the band and his career on hiatus, went on T, and now he's back to fronting the band. And the man still sounds great.

Think the key's that if you're serious about continuing to sing and perform after T, you'll want vocal training while you're on T. I used to sing myself (and was pretty damn good at it) so I'm considering the same thing just to see if I can't keep a maintainable singing voice.