1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need to Vent

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ok455, Jul 19, 2008.

1. ok455

Ok i want to go to college at least in January i have a job at the hospital which is giving me hours off the wall and the boss said they will not work with your college. She said sometimes they can but not really. And the work is pure hell im constantly working like a duck and its always middle shifts even full time you wont get a set shift. Its going to be harder to balance that out with college.

I could just get a job in retail and go to college because they will be more flexible my mother keeps giving me a lecture about not quitting the hospital and blah blah blah its a good job good benefits a good career. and stuff and i don't want to make that a career I'm trying to explain to her i want to go to school and better my self then work at some low class job and regretting it in the future. And shes trying to tell me even when you get a college job its still going to be hard. And she said if you work in a factory your going to work hard.

I'm trying to explain to her i don't want that kind of life working hard. If i can get a chance to make it in life thats what i want to do not work hard like an animal.

Somehow she has this dream that im going to jump from 9.50 an hour to 20 dollars an hour at the hosptal with no college education

2. Master Hade

Master Hade Guest

that seems suckish!!

3. TheSuburbian

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Then she's wrong. Quit the job and go to school. You can get another job.

4. Master Hade

Master Hade Guest

Hmm I definatly think you should try the college route, hmmmm
    Idk im only 15 lol
    But if you know your not going to be at this hospital for the rest of your life then I think you should definalty better your self through education!
    Besides from what I understand a hospital isn't really like Grey's anatomy or ER or scrubs even

5. Jim1454

You should absolutely go to college if you have the opportunity to!!!

In terms of the job... you might be surprised that if you make yourself available on a Friday and Saturday night the hospital might be quite happy to keep you on staff part time. You never know until you ask. If you've been a good employee they may try to accomodate your work schedule.

If they're not interested, then that's their loss.

Your mom needs to have faith that higher education really does pay off.

6. IHeartDisney

IHeartDisney Guest

My advice? GO TO SCHOOL! Period, end of discussion...