1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The worst quality

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Hexagon, Mar 23, 2014.

1. Hexagon

What do you think the most morally reprehensible quality is? I'm not going for something very specific, like 'a tendency to rape hens', but something more general. Say, cruelty, or something like that.

And are you ever guilty of it?

I'd probably go with selfishness. It seems to cause most problems. And yes, I can be guilty of it. I do my best though.

2. Yosia

Greedy and selfish as these people want everything without caring for others, it happens to me all the time like if i go somewhere i will always be the last and noone left anything for me >.<. But on a bigger scale it leads to povety in some areas because the richer areas get everything~

I guess every people have these to an extent but i hate people who are that bad it affects people and makes them sad

3. imnotreallysure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A total lack of empathy, or even great satisfaction from the misery of others - people who seriously harm others and feel no remorse whatsoever for their actions, or enjoy doing so.

4. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  5. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

Needless cruelty. But being prone to rape hens or deliberately stick toothbrushes in toilets is pretty bad too.

6. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sloth. One of the deadly sins. It covers laziness and apathy. People who have no respect for themselves or others to get off their ass and contribute to society. I see it daily with students who have no problems spitting in the face of their peers, parents and teachers. I also see it in people I grew up with who live on welfare now and won't struggle to change their lives because they get free money but complain they can't get a car or boyfriend or girlfriend.

I'm tired of the apathy that comes and what usually comes with people like that is misery. They enjoy making others miserable. I.E. homophobia and being more concerned with others than themselves. Appearances and such.

That's what drives me nuts especially since there are so many people out there who work hard and still get crapped on.

7. Nikky DoUrden

All of the above :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    That really sum all the worse people in the world (selfish + no empathy + cruelty + greed).
    In my head I have all the leaders of the worst states in the world atm, they don't mind killing their own people for stupid reasons.

8. Cass

Bigotry
    Having no respect for others beliefs or rights.
    Mistreating others who don't believe what you do

9. Maea96

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ignorance. I think I've written about it before, and I will again :slight_smile:
    You can forgive people for a lot of things, you can work on your flaws, and you can improve as a person. But if there's one thing that I just can't tolerate which tops the list, then it is ignorance. It's like a virus that's spreading to people who are unfamiliar with the topic/situation at hand. And it's unattractive as hell.
    That's my two cents about it, anyway. hehe

10. Hexagon

That's an interesting one. I can't really say I agree. I find ignorance very frustrating, to the point of wanting to set a nuclear warhead underneath the sufferer, but I don't think it's wrong, per se. People can't be held responsible for the education they've received. Though admittedly, people can be held responsible for that damn odd sense of pride they sometimes seem to have at actually not knowing. I think there are worse things.

11. Who knows

Who knows Guest

Overindulgence is a pretty horrible quality. Having too much of anything can severely affect you.
    Eating too much of one thing, wasting time on uneeded videos and even exercising can be pretty bad if not done in moderation.

I'm a firm believer of having balance with actions, objects, experiences and thought processes .

12. Kreiger

I don't know if this is the worst human quality, but I hate when people are hypocrites and deny it, even to themselves. Like they do something that's obviously wrong, but justify it in some idiotic way due to their massive ego. Seeing people like that enrages me, probably to an excessive degree.

13. azure au

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Being closed minded. Not wanting to learn change or grow. Continuing in old judgements, fights and intolerance just because you want to stay right where you are.

14. thedudeabides

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Lack of empathy, can't stand it. Most humans deal with the same problems and for some reason they can't understand why someone is hurting. I really wish people would put them selves in another persons shoes for a while. I've seen way to many people put others down because of lack of compassion or empathy.

15. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Lack of empathy and an enjoyment/no problem with causing suffering or deliberate inconvenience to others. That extends from minor things such as cutting someone off in conversation to supporting military occupations on the grounds that deaths are for the greater good.

16. DeLuna

DeLuna Guest

Liars, there's a lot that I can forgive but I can't take a liar

17. setnyx

greed. i've been guilty of it on a small scale, like wanting someone all to myself for a set period of time or hiding the last of the tequila.

18. Ettina

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    On an intellectual level, I don't really think that way. I think some actions are wrong because they cause harm, but I also have sympathy for why people do them. (Yes, even serial killers and pedophiles.) My reaction to a harmful person is more to see them as kind of like a dangerous animal, that needs to be controlled so it won't attack people. Like a 'friendly' bear. (A big problem in some parts of Canada are bears who have learnt to beg food from humans, and tend to get violent if denied food. Park officials often capture problem bears and relocate them far from any humans, and everyone going to bear country gets told over and over not to feed the bears.)

But the kind of wrongdoing that typically generates the strongest emotional reaction from me is exerting unjust authority. Like when a forum moderator from a different forum told me off because they thought me linking to my blog - where the 'about me' section says I was sexually abused - would be harmful to children under 10, and then when I tried giving them a reasoned and well-researched counter-argument, I got banned and told I was doing personal attacks on the moderators. That kind of thing makes me feel an intense mixture of anger, fear, shame, and sadness. (My first school, which I attended from K-4, did this sort of thing all the time.)

19. Foxface

hmmm what a question

I'd go with lack of empathy as well. People can be less so and that's fine but to not care one bit about what's happening around you is saddening to me. I think a lack of empathy breeds evil

20. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Someone with a holier-than-thou attitude, who brings other people down

I've never brought anyone down but I have sometimes been guilty of acting a little superior