1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I like this webcomic but it's so steretypical

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by stocking, Mar 23, 2014.

1. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I've been reading this webcomics for a few months and it's really funny but it's so stereotypical I'll explain the bisexual girl is a cheater and can't stay faithful even if she tries , the bisexual guy in is secretly gay , the lesbian in it is scared of men's penises . One positive thing I did like was the lesbian dated the bisexual girl and the bisexual girl never cheated on her while they dated . There is a gay character but I think the author confused gay and cross dresser because he had a part when the guy dressed up like a girl to impress a straight guy . But the one thing I got mad is when they tried to turn the lesbian character bi and had her dating this guy because she need to get over her penis fear
    Now I'm wondering although I love this comic why do people still believe these crappy stereotypes about the lgbt community ? I mean sure they could have made a funny one with out using those stereotypes but why do people pick the easy way out ? I'm pretty sure there are better web comics that are more positive but this still bugs me

2. DeLuna

DeLuna Guest

Most people just simply don't care..Some people don't care if what they say is true or not..and some people just don't know any better....... Don't let their ignorance bother you

3. Wiiluigi1998

Wiiluigi1998 Guest

Oh don't worry. I somehow like Queer Duck even though the jokes are HORRIBLE and the characters are promiscuous and stereotypical. It's entertaining in a way.

4. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    AGH! :eek:

5. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    That's what I thought and that's not all every time she see a penis or a guys crotch she kicks guys in the nads

6. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

I'm hoping one day I can make a webcomic that sheds a positive light on the LGBT community because of my experience of getting to know it. Even though I'm making a webcomic now, It's not LGBT related (Or romance related at all- more of an action thing) but if I ever finish it, I'd do this next.

7. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I made a comic about a transgender character and it also pokes fun of how silly some homphobic people are , I was planning to turn it into a webcomic but I'm so lazy to do it

8. blond

Out of curiosity, whats the name of comic?

9. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Menage a 3 whatever that means :confused:

10. blond

Never heard of it. But there are some good LGBT theme webcomics out there Like, rain, validation, bridges. And if you like a more manga style comic theres taiki. Just some of the ones i read.

11. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Thanks blond I'll check them out :slight_smile: