1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Famous

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by DeLuna, Mar 24, 2014.

?

Are YOU Famous?

Poll closed Mar 24, 2015.
  1. Yes

9 vote(s)
    17.6%
  2. No

42 vote(s)
    82.4%
  1. DeLuna

DeLuna Guest

Are you famous and/or well known?

2. Nicholas1991

Well, im still known as the kid who sat on the chocolate cake at school if that counts :slight_smile:

3. Geek

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Yes i'm Elton John. You might of heard a few of my songs before

4. Hexagon

Why the hidden poll results?

5. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I clicked "yes" not because I am right now, but I have been in my area for doing a PSA years ago. What famous people say about fame really is true. It really is something you have to deal with, as there is a lot that goes with it. And you may not like it as you once thought you did.

6. White Knight

7. DeLuna

DeLuna Guest

XD Lols, omgs.... PRICELESS!! XD

8. AlamoCity

No. My biggest claim to fame was when I won the district and regional science fairs in my category and was a nominee for the Intel International Science and Engineering Fair. That's about it :lol:.

(The LOL is sarcastic, I'm not famous.)

9. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, I've done local/regional radio before and had my photograph in the local rag... oh and I once made the BBC national website (does that count as fame?). I'll sign autographs for a nominal fee!!!

10. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I suppose I'll post what I remember about fame when I was famous. Buckle up, it's a weird and bumpy ride:

1. Lots of people will crowd around you. Make no mistake.
    My take: They don't actually like you, they want to be with you so that they can brag that they're affiliated with someone famous.

2. People will do crazy shit because you're famous. I had a kid come up to me to sign his shoe. Yes, you read that correctly. I distinctly remember that moment.
    My take: This was something that really told me what mob mentality really was.

3. Your privacy can be taken away very quickly and at any given time. I've had this happen to me twice in the same year. I've had moments where I'd be walking around, minding my own business, and all of a sudden, a crowd of people is around me asking for autographs.
    My take: This is one of the key things that told me, "no, fuck being famous." and it's also one of the reasons the kid who played Joffrey on Game of Thrones quit acting. I like being alone. Or, at least, I like being by myself, where I can be who I am without anybody all up in my face on something so I can actually think (which is also something I like doing).

4. Whatever you planned for the next month and a half are now completely booked with events and press conferences. I shit you not. Those feelings of "Cool! I'm on TV!" are now replaced with "Alright, here we go again. What do you want to ask me now, people?"
    My Take: I quickly learned that I never liked being the center of attention.

There's a lot that gets taken from you very quickly when you're famous. It's not like "Oh, I'm now famous and people love me for being me." No, they love you for either what they saw you as, or they love you simply for being famous. They don't love the true you. And if I'm going to have friends and people who like me, I'd much rather they like me for actually being myself, someone who defies nearly everything society asks of me, someone who's a total outcast in many ways. And it's also one of the reasons I stay on EC. I've always felt safe and truly supported and accepted here. The real me is brought into my online posts. People like the fake me. I don't like the fake me. It's fake. I don't like fake. I like what's truly genuine because there's actual beauty in it, everything about it is true.

Over 30 years ago, Neil Peart wrote the song "Limelight" and it's one of the musical symbols of Rush. It's a fantastic song, yes, but anyone who's ever been famous can relate to this song to at least a small extent. There's a lot you quickly learn through the experience of being famous, even if it's a short amount of time.

#10 Jinkies, Mar 24, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2014
  11. Emulator

My default EC title once said "Well Known" if I set it to default. I think it's "EC Addict" now, though.

No, I'm far from famous. No one actually thinks about me as far as I know.
    They don't even know anything much about me.

I'm glad for that in some way, because it sure seems tiring to be famous. :eek:

#11 Emulator, Mar 24, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2014
  12. Munyal

I put yes because I am famous house-wide. My house, that is...

13. FireSmoke

FireSmoke Guest

Yeah. I'm a direct descendant of Oscar Wilde.

14. lukeluvznicki13

Unless well known for having the most twitter followers at school...xD

15. Valkyrimon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not yet, but I hope my books get famous one day!

16. Cass

I sometimes wish I was. Probably because i enjoy performing music and writing books

17. setnyx

been on the news and got my name in the paper & spoke in front of city council but nothing famous or infamous about me.

18. DeLuna

DeLuna Guest

I used to wish I was famous

19. BelleFromHell

I was once a little famous on a animation website, but it got shutdown. I think I had about 300 followers, which I guess isn't bad.
    Other than that, no. I'm homeschooled in the middle of the ghetto, so nobody knows me. :astonished:

20. willycubed28

No, but I work in a restaurant where famous people eat at. That doesn't count though lol