1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Server and or Bartender?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by willycubed28, Mar 24, 2014.

1. willycubed28

Has anyone currently or ever served/bartended in a restaurant before? How did you like it? Did you work in a chain restaurant or a private restaurant or maybe both? I just recently moved from working in a chain restaurant to a really famous private restaurant and I love private better. Being a server/bartender is hard work, and I cannot stand it when people try and tell me differently especially when they have never done that kind of work. One of the biggest things I hate though is when someone tells me "You need to get a real job" and I am like. "It is a real job. It pays my bills and provides the neccesities that I need, and also sometimes provides my wants as well".

Anyway, if you are or have then tell me your experience. Bad or good.

2. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I worked in restaurants for a total of about 4.5 years. They were big chains so it was very eh, too many rules and regulations and the food was half pre-made.

Serving was alright. Decent money, and I liked being able to delight people with good service. But mostly I was stuck on delivering take-out orders, which sucked. I was the stepchild of the place who made less money and still had to help the servers, so I was almost doing double work for no recognition. I'm glad I had to quit for school.

3. AlamoCity

I sometimes work at my best friends' family's hole-in-the-wall restaurant on busy weekends. It's not really a job but an opportunity to spend time with them. The customers sometimes suck because we get slammed at certain hours and we're only like 4 of us to take orders at the window (it's an outdoor restaurant where people order at the window and we take it out to them), cook, plate, and serve. Sometimes I play cashier, then have to wash my hands, glove up, plate an order, take it outside, go back in, wash my hands, get ready for the second order. If we're running low on brisket, I gotta go to the pit and get some more. It's a little stressful, but fun. Beers are on the house at the end of the night :wink:.

4. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

I've done Bartending/Waitering, it was pretty good, excluding the stuck up customers.. I've never had a complaint, but the boss was irritating.