1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm a hypocrite

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by artist92, Mar 24, 2014.

1. artist92

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Let me head this off by saying: I am a homosexual. I am very proud to be one, have a great boyfriend, and I for one am glad I'm this way. The reason I say this, is because what I'm about to ask may sound wrong. Here we go... I was in scouts for all my life, and I earned Eagle in 2010. I loved every minute of it. But now my brother has just aged into the BSA. I was so happy for him. But also, I was worried because gays are allowed. PLEASE don't take this the wrong way, I am gay, and I support anyone else who is, and I am glad that we are accepted in this great organization. I really don't have any reason to be against it. But I still worry anytime he goes to camp. he's my little buddy, and he looks up to me as his hero. I'd do anything for him, and I always get nervous when he goes. Am I a horrible person because I feel this way? I hate feeling...well...homophobic, when it comes to my brother's friends. I hate feeling this way, but I just cant stop. I really don't like being a hypocrite.

2. CharlieChalk

Regardless of his/other's sexualities, as some you adore, would you not want him to experience the same happiness you did through Scouts?

3. artist92

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I do. I want him to go through scouts and have a great time! I just can't stop worrying about him.

4. CharlieChalk

I am not an expert in any of this, but the fact that you are worrying about him is completely normally. He's your kid brother, of course you are going to worry. It's totally allowed. But you turned out really well, so you'll just have to trust that he will too. And hey, despite what younger siblings say and do, they never really forget their older brothers/sisters :slight_smile:

5. Nikky DoUrden

Why do you worry exactly?
    That he might be exposed to gay people?

6. artist92

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not at all. He could be straight or gay, and I wouldn't change how I see him at all. It's just that I worry about him. I'd worry about him if he went to camp where there were girls too.

7. Foxface

That doesn't make you a hypocrite, it makes you a brother who is showing genuine concern for your sibling. That's my opinion anyway

My nephew wants to wear a Pinkie Pie shirt and while I support it of course I am concerned for him because kids are little bullies sometimes

8. Ettina

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Are you worried someone will hit on him?

9. artist92

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm not worried that he might like another guy. I'd be just as happy if he were gay or straight. I really don't know why I'm worried. I guess I'm just overprotective.