1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sexuality and high school

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by doglover44, Mar 24, 2014.

1. doglover44

doglover44 Guest

Did people notice it back then ? my friends always noticed I was into both genders and bi but waited for me to come out

2. Yosia

Im in high school currently and i think people notice ^.^

#2 Yosia, Mar 24, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2014
  3. IsThisAName

I dropped out of public school and started home school halfway through tenth grade, but people always gossiped in middle school and high school that I was gay or bi. I honestly thought I was straight then so it really pissed me off, just because I saw it as people seeing me for something I'm not. Fast forward five years later and, well, you know :roflmao:

4. Marc9726

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Nobody ever noticed they all thought I was asexual...

5. Gekko

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I was asked once or twice if I was gay because of my lack of interest for girls. I just answered "no" and they believed me up to this day. One friend told me she thought I was asexual after I came out to her so I think mostly no one thought I was gay.

6. Saint Otaku

It seems to me that most brush off my more "feminine" cues as eccentricity, so most seem surprised when I tell them.

7. SwimScotty

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Nobody I've come out to was really surprised save for my ex-girlfriend, and I think that's just because she wasn't ready for it. A couple of them even said that they kind of suspected it because of the way I act. I'm really bad at reading other people though, so I don't think I'd notice if someone else was LGBTQ+ at my school unless someone told me.

8. newfish

So apparently one of my friends guessed I was either gay or asexual... so yeah I think they notice. plus I've come out since. And I think people notice the flamboyant ones pretty easily, but other than that we might not figure it out.

9. Bolt35

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    me coming out little by little, i think people who really talked to me and for me to say"HOW YA DOING!" on the street, would definitely figured that i was gay. all the other ones, "acquaintances" and classmates would be damn shocked.

10. Kreiger

The few people I've told were pretty blindsided by it. People gossip, but I've never been rumored to be gay.

11. matty13

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have had different responses from different people. Some expected it, most didn't.

I always remember reading an article about a famous gay guy (don't remember who) and he described being closeted in high school like every day was a series of little tests, and every day he would fail some and pass some.

I think this really succinctly describes the experience of being closeted in high school.

12. Envira

i don't think anyone was surprised, but they weren't expecting it. I mean, I don't exactly fit the lesbian stereotype(s)...

13. blueberrymuffin

I'd say so...little shits in other grades who i knew by name only would could up in the hall and point blank ask. Had to transfer out of there

14. Nessarose

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As far as I know, people think I'm straight. I've kinda been hinting at it, just to see what people would think. I'm not sure just yet, anyways, but I don't want people to see me differently. My school is generally pretty accepting. It even has a nickname about it, but I'm still kinda afraid.

I remember my friend hadn't come out until freshman year and he was texting me. I had a feeling he wanted to tell me he was gay, but didn't want to push him. I was really tempted to say "sweetie, I already think you are. my grandpa is gay. I have no problem with it." lol

I can't imagine how bad it ca be at other schools though. I'd probably cry.