1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A short rant

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by flubash, Mar 24, 2014.

1. flubash

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I hate gender roles. If a guy wants to wear a dress he can, in the same way if a girl wants to wear jeans she can. If a girl wants to play American Foot ball, she should be able to do that. Guys should not get made fun of for playing field hockey. If a guy shoes up to school with nail polish on, people should not whisper "gay," behind his back. Maybe he put it on for a female friend or sister, maybe he put it on because he likes it. His body his choice. If a girl gets a short hair cut, she is not automatically a "tomboy" or lesbian, she just wanted to get a short hair cut. We are all people, and we all deserve to be treated as such! Sorry, I know that was long winded, but I needed to get that off my chest.

2. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yep, that's the gist of it. But good luck getting loud-mouthed dopes to ever consideranything.

3. Radioactive Bi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes, agree, agree and well, what more need be said.

I think often, ones outward appearance is an expression of who they are and people should not be so judgemental towards that (I say often because some really rant bothered what they look like, which can be fine too). Just because someone doesn't want to conform to what they are "expected" to look like, doesn't mean it's anyone else's business. I wish everyone could just get along and we could all accept each other for who we are.

If that were the case, I guess there probably wouldn't need to be forums like this.

4. Cass

Fully agree
    It's apparently worse in other counties than where I love though.
    I had a coworker/friend from turkey once and I wore a batman belt to work. He told me it was wierd for a girl to like "boy things" and that it dosent happen much in turkey.

5. Ettina

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah.

And that's why I'm proud of my younger brother. He's 15, over 6 feet tall and built like a football player, and loves to break gender stereotypes. One Halloween he went as Queen Mab, queen of the fairies. He'd squeezed himself into one of my dresses and was wearing a long-haired wig.

Some of the kids at his school, I think they'd be the type to beat up a gender nonconforming boy. But they're all smaller than my brother.:icon_bigg