1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

when you thread goes unnoticed do you feel its bc you posted it?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by laurenc, Mar 24, 2014.

1. laurenc

laurenc Guest

when mine goes unnoticed I feel like its because I posted it. does anyone else feel the same way when their thread goes unnoticed ?

2. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No, and looking at your thread record, neither should you since you've had replies on all of the threads you've made by the looks of things...

3. laurenc

laurenc Guest

there are threads where I have only got like five replies from others and people have ignored my replies to their questions for me

4. Csp1993

Csp1993 Guest

I know what you mean. When I first started posting I would have to wait a few hours to get a reply. It still happens, but I've noticed it happens to a lot of people. Others just post new things so fast that sometimes yours gets pushed down the list before others have the chance to look at it.

5. Cass

No
    I just figure I said something stupid
    And then I forget it and move on

6. Saint Otaku

Not really, I mean, it's all about relevance and interest. If things aren't too relevant to me, such as lesbian problems or transgender problems, I tend to not reply unless there's some sort of connection I can find to these threads to give advice; if a thread interests me, I might make a comment or contribute, seeing whether or not I view the comment or contribution to have at least some value.

7. DeLuna

DeLuna Guest

Kinda sorta

8. katwat

There are so many threads some days. I am sure things get lost in the shuffle. I don't have any experience in 98% of LGBT topics so I used to think I would be wasting someone's time by posting on their threads. Then I noticed some threads were people were not getting responses when they were feeling low. I know how it feels to need someone to care and feel like no one does so I try to make sure to at least post some response to let people know that someone does care.

I have seen other people who did not get responses to their threads basically reposting but with a different thread heading that lets people know that they really need advice or support.

I am sure no one is purposely ignoring your or anyone else's posts. If you are needing advice or support do try posting again or doing a private with one of the EC monitors.

9. C P

C P

Sometimes I feel it's because I've wording things wrong or said something stupid or something but now I realize it just takes a little while for them to catch steam.

Usually they last like a day of next to no response and then like one or two new posts can cause it to blow up a bit and gain interest, ha.

10. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Don't worry. Remember that the reply count will always be much lower than the read count. Also, the more specific or complicated the topic (or just the writing), the fewer number of people who feel confident to reply. This is also why it's useful to go to a specific subforum for help. Personally, even though I skim most of the forums, I pay attention to only a few. Luckily, most threads are never completely ignored (I, and many others, try to look for no reply threads).

11. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    they can't answer it because it's too hard

12. AlamoCity

I will say this: There are many posts that I begin to respond to but feel that my response is inadequate, controversial, or not as well thought out, and will delete my post midway through. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

13. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I look at it as what happens to a movie producer who makes films. Some receive a lukewarm reception at the box office. Others do better. Not only that, I sort of don't care.

Not everyone is interested in what may interest you, the OP. I know that some of my opinions about celebrities, and their hotness, is vastly different from what others on EC may think, for one.

14. ThePhoenix

I have did this a few times now

15. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Don't overthink it. It happens on all forums and there are many, many reasons why a thread may get overlooked, but I don't think it's ever anything personal.

16. AshleeLC

Out Status:
    All but family
    A bit I suppose, but Im new so IDK

17. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sometimes people feel unqualified to answer/reply to a thread, or they're waiting for someone else to post first, so they'll have a better idea of what to say. I don't think it's anything personal

18. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Have u and ur partner gotten married yet?

19. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not yet. The first same sex marriages will take place this Saturday. We have set a date and need to get the registration documents sorted out now... then we just need to turn up on the day and say "I do" :icon_bigg

20. AudreyB

AudreyB Guest

Yup. It's like chemistry with a person. Some of us have that something to spark it, some don't.