1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question about Love:

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Ciel, Mar 25, 2014.

1. Ciel

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I have seen and watch a lot of movies about a love story of a two lesbians or female to female and some of this movies I noticed that in the end both of them do not stay together and their love for each other had just fade away.... and I'm thinking know "is it hard to live a life for a two person(with the same sex) who loves each other?" "can't they be just like a normal husband and wife?"

2. FireSmoke

FireSmoke Guest

Don't care about these stupid movies. They are very often made from homophobic directors who want to tell us we can't love and be loved only because we are gay.

Watch the movie "Imagine me and you". With an happy ending, this movie is dedicated to a gay couple (two men) who were close friends of the director (or a thing of this type) :slight_smile:

3. Hexagon

Movies =/= reality

4. Night Rain

Not true. You think a homophobic person would even direct a gay movie? Not quite. And sad endings =/= homophobic messages. More than often those gay movies have tragic endings for dramatic effects and to emphasise on the struggle of gay people, albeit tired and overused. Having one person die at the end is a popular theme of gay movies.

5. FireSmoke

FireSmoke Guest

How do you have the absolute certitude? :dry:

In Italy, some years go, a director made a movie "Sotto il cielo di Roma" (in english "Under the sky of Rome ". This movie showed that the Catholic Church helped Hebrews during the holocaust.
    It's not true.
    Catholic Church forms an alliance with Hitler. And didn't help anybody.
    But why was this movie made? Because they want that the italians think well about the church.
    And now, why now we have Papa Francesco? Because a lot of people aren't going to church anymore but now yes.

So, some people want to manipular our opinion and feelings. The directors are homophobic, so they want to tell us there's not hope that we could be love and be loved.

I don't give a fuck about this :slight_smile:

And you can think in the manner you detain better, but you can't say that what I'm saying is wrong because you don't have certain elements to show.

#5 FireSmoke, Mar 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2014
  6. rainmustfall

rainmustfall Guest

If you are curious why there are so few good movies out there with LGBT issues portrayed in a positive light there is an excellent documentary about it called the Celluloid Closet. It explains a lot of the problems within the film making industry. Watching it is very informative but I have to warn you, you will never look at the movie industry the same way again.

7. Ettina

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's often hard to find heterosexual relationships in fiction with a happy ending, too. I mean, look at Buffy the Vampire Slayer - no one, regardless of orientation, stays together for long.

A story needs drama to be interesting, and that often means characters don't get to be happy.

8. Nikky DoUrden

I agree with both paragraphs :grin:

And as others said, its only movies, and far from reality ... there are many non-hetro couples that having a great time, you can even youtube Lush and see an example :icon_bigg