1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What would you be like if you were born the opposite sex?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ChromeNerd, Mar 25, 2014.

1. ChromeNerd

Out Status:
    A few people
    Since I was into feminine things a kid, I probably would have been bullied a lot about my femininity. That would have probably would have turned me into a hypermasculine bully. During puberty I would probably turn goth for an excuse to style my hair and wear makeup.

2. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well I'm not sure really, because my experiences growing up would have been very different.

Now if I had any influence over it in terms of how my personality is currently and how I'd like to have developed based on how I am now, I'd like to think I'd probably be a "lipstick lesbian" to use crude parlance with a traditionally tomboy mentality and interests.

I also probably wouldn't have grown up feeling so insecure about not being one of the super macho men jocks. I'm over that but the 11 year old me wasn't.

3. ba92

Out Status:
    A few people
    Hmm. Good question, I'd probably be a cold blooded woman who would be woman crazy.

4. Gen

Gen

This is an interesting question. I might still be fairly androgynous in demeanor, but it would probably be less apparent as a women in the eyes of society. I think I would be more interested in singing, because I've always enjoyed singing but am more fascinated by vocalists that lie outside of my range and tone.

That's all that comes to mind at the moment.

5. Joelouis

Being bisexual, if I was born a woman I'd probably be.....bisexual!

6. Techno Kid

I would be the same as I am now, but would wear dresses sometimes. ^___^
    I would wear them now, but I think they would look weird on my body. :frowning2:

7. Spatula

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd be... pretty similar probably. A bit girlier of course. My behavior wouldn't be too different though.

8. Saint Otaku

Oh my... the clothes... OH THE CLOTHES!!!!!! ( *0*)~~~<3

I would be so blissfully happy! But, if I knew, I'd miss my old anatomy... and queerness...

9. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have literally no idea.

I doubt I would have the friends I have now, without whom I would have been dead long ago, so for me it doesn't do to think about much.

On the other hand perhaps I would have been less depressed...

10. Ettina

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't think I'd be that different. But I would've been treated differently

I'd probably have gotten more physical bullying and less relational bullying. For most people, that'd be a plus, but since I was very socially oblivious, physical bullying would've been a lot more unpleasant.

Then again, if I had the build of my father and brother, no one would've dared try to beat me up.

Also, I suspect my teachers would have freaked out more about my flashback-induced aggressive behavior. Especially if I was a large boy. Worst case scenario, they may have pressed charges at some point, which would've probably destroyed me. I'd rather be sexually abused again than go to jail - at least with sexual abuse I can ask for help and expect to get it.

I would still have been sexually abused - I doubt my foster siblings would've left helpless toddler me alone simply because of my gender. Especially my male foster sibling - he'd already had male-on-male sexual abuse modeled to him.

11. Sarcastic Luck

Probably severely neurotic and even more emotionally/mentally messed up than I already am.

Mom already told me that had she had a son, biologically, that she would have been abusive towards him. Probably more so than what she's done to me.

12. Spatula

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What? How come? That's quite a relationship to have with one's mother. I'm sorry to hear that. :icon_sad:

13. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would probably be bullied for being so sensitive. I definitely wouldn't be a tough guy anyway. I'd still like girls. And I'd probably be kinda feminine, so maybe rumors would spread around that I'm gay. -_-'

14. Oddish

Oddish Guest

If I had been born male, I'd probably be the same person I am now except I'd be cisgender.

15. C P

C P

I'd probably be the same, except...it'd definitely be nice to be able to freely (at least try to, aha) be flirty and stuff with guys in public without having to worry about how they'd take it and them getting offended, etc.

Aside from that, there's not too much that'd be different. I'd probably dress more like a tomboy though because I wouldn't be interested in clothes like dresses and skirts and, forbid, high heels and such...having to dress for formal occasions would be a nightmare, keeping my current mindset, haha.

16. Abbra

I would have been a lot more popular, that's for sure.

A somewhat feminine goofball who loves theater? I would probably have a girlfriend.

17. Tetra

That'd be incredibly nice. I'd probably be the exact same as I am now, but a fair bit more content with myself.

18. IsThisAName

This reminds me that when I was a kid I went through a stage where I wanted to be a boy. It was just for about a year when I was 6 or so. I got over it and I love being a girl now, but I think that might have been an early indicator that I wasn't straight. Anyway, I think I would've been okay as a kid since I was a tomboy, but now that I'm more feminine, if I was a guy I'd be pretty flamboyant (read: fabulous). I would definitely still like girls, obviously.

19. Sarcastic Luck

My mother doesn't like men. She's been treated poorly and rather than attempting to move past everything, she refuses to. Any chance she gets, she'll bring up how men have hurt her. She told me that if I "want to be a man, then I'll start treating you like me. Back talk me and I'll hit you."

She's manipulative and likes to make lots of threats. Of course, they never happen and I'll be shocked the day she actually follows through.

20. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That's a really interesting question. It would depend on whether I would take up my dad's personality (direct) or my mom's personality (conciliatory), or a combination of these. As for appearance, I suspect it might be ok, given that my female cousins on both sides are reasonably attractive. I'd probably be sort of traditional. I'm somewhat traditional as it is.