1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are any of you friends with your teachers?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by person57, Mar 25, 2014.

1. person57

The title pretty much says it all. Are any of you friends with teachers? I actually am. I'm friends with my drama teacher and my health teacher as well :slight_smile:

2. Jonathan

I've become friends with several of my teachers over the years. I'm actually facebook friends with my seventh grade language arts teacher :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Absolutely! I'm still in contact with some of my old teachers!

4. IsThisAName

I'm in college now and I babysit for my 7th grade English teacher. Her and I just hit it off when I was in her class and stayed in touch all these years. Now I take care of her kids while her and her husband go out and get drunk at the bar down the street lol.

I'm also friends with some of my professors at my college. I stop by their offices regularly to catch up and we always talk when I see them in the hallways. My friends are always in awe because I'll just be in the middle of a conversation and a professor will walk by and say "hey April!!!" all excited haha. They don't know how I do it but I just think my professors are good people so I get to know them.

5. C P

C P

I wouldn't say I have teachers as friends really but on the other hand a lot of them seemed to take a liking to me and were closer to me than the average student(they would kid around with me more and stuff in class).

6. Randy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Facebook friends with my high school assistant choir director, my freshmen english teacher, and two content mastery teachers. But anyway, yea...they're cool people :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

7. Ravi-VIXX777

Not a teachers pet, but teachers seem to really like me. I'm friends with most I come across.

8. Jacob D

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i'm friends with some of my teachers but only a few.

9. Saint Otaku

I read this title as "Are any of your friends with your teachers?" It's funny how one letter can alter meaning quite radically... ("^_^)

10. SwimScotty

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm pretty close with my English teacher. I've had her for the past three years and I'm going to have her again next year, which is great because she's awesome. I think she might have figured out that I'm bi; I've definitely dropped some not-so-subtle hints with some of my projects. She's also the cross-country coach, which I'm probably going to run next year. She's definitely the person I'd go to if I needed someone at school.

My history teacher is pretty cool too, but not in the same way. He's just knowledgeable about history stuff and we share the same sarcastic outlook on life.

11. KWDBM

Yup! Well, I was. Fallen out of touch with most of them, sadly. In grade school I got to be really good friends with my 4th/5th grade teacher, she came to my birthday party and we emailed after I left. In high school I was in alt-education so I only had one teacher, and she was so great with giving people one-on-one time and such that we ended up becoming fairly good friends.

12. Nessarose

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've been friends with pretty much every teacher I've had. More so in high school. I don't know what I would have done with out two of my Language Arts teachers. They're practically like family to me. I probably would have gone insane, or resulted to drastic measures to keep myself in my right mind.

13. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I was a good student, although I could be a goofball at times. Because of the good student part, I could tell that some teachers, from grade school and on through university level studies, took a liking to me. However, the fact that they had taught me put them in a very elusive zone and sort of on a pedestal that it would be hard for me, even as an adult, to be friends with them. I've never struck up a friendship with a teacher, but I have fond memories of some and they may have fond memories of me.

14. Foxface

Around here it's a bit more acceptable in graduate school because upon commencement you become their colleagues. I am good friends with three of them. I adore their friendship

15. Paisley

Oh yeah definitely I'm friends with old teachers and one or two professors. It still happens at work too, I'm friends with my old bosses too. Being a teacher's/professor's/bosses friend does not equal being a kiss up/teacher's pet.

16. Yosia

I sort of am, not the type of friend to text everyday and see everyday but whenever she teaches me she is so nice and friendly to me and she my friend~ i feel really comfortable when she teach me and she is the only person other than my best friends who knows i am not straight~ (i told her i was questioning when i was but i havent seen her since to tell her now)

17. Simple Thoughts

I was friends with my highschool English teacher, and my Jr.High ( also Highschool) math teacher. They were pretty cool, and I was a smart kid so it was hard to have a meaningful conversation with just anyone...sometimes I had to talk to the teachers because they were closer to 'on par' with me >.>

18. Emulator

Some of them...I talk more to. Others do not wish to be acquainted with me, so be it.

19. AudreyB

AudreyB Guest

It seems extremely hard for me to escape the role of "teacher's pet". I'm sick of being this and have been actively seeking trying to avoid it by being very quiet and sullen in class. Regardless, happened to me again this past quarter. Short of intentionally failing, I'm on the verge of just telling these frickin' teachers to stop doting on me. :tantrum:

20. biggayguy

I nearly married a teacher... but that's another story. I've become friends with my former teachers from high school. They were not my friends when I was in school.