1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If a guy gives me his number and I didn't call does this make me a bad person?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by stocking, Mar 25, 2014.

1. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Today this guy gave me his number, we were talking about college .before he left he asked me my name the gave me his and wrote his number down . Even though he gave me good advice I don't want to call because I think that he might be interested in me and to save him the trouble l rather not call. I've done this
    With other guys , I've taken their numbers and never called. But one of friends l told said l was a bad person.she doesn't know l'm a lesbian

2. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you were the one who asked for the number, then i think it wouldn't be a very nice thing.

But, if he is the one who offered it, then i see no harm in not calling him. In fact, for the reason you already mentioned, peraphs it is better this way.

3. IsThisAName

No way. I've done the same thing. If I'm not interested in a guy I just don't call because why bother? Maybe that's just me lol but it's an annoyance if I'm not interested because if a guy asked for my number and is interested in me, he tends to be aggressive and that's just annoying if I don't like him. So I'd say it's no different for you just cause you're gay. You just aren't interested, that doesn't make you a bad person at all :slight_smile:

4. C P

C P

It probably wouldn't hurt to call to at least observe where his mindset is. Who knows l, he may just want to talk sometime and make a new friend...or, if he really is like you feel and since you didn't ask for it, it might be better not to.

Do you see him often?

5. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't think it's bad not to call if it seems he was giving you his number because he's romantically interested.

6. biAnnika

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Stocking...seriously...if somebody chooses to give you something, there is *never* an obligation on your behalf. Get over that mindset...it's a total male/female double-standard. As women we're supposed to feel whatever obligations we're handed...and we do. But that doesn't mean they're real, genuine obligations. Ask yourself, if a woman gives a man her number, is he *obligated* to call her? Of course not!

But ok, plain English: NO, you're not a bad person for not calling. Especially if you're a lesbian, it would be pointless to call...what...to tell him you're not interested in guys?? If he *really* wants to hear that, let him track you down and call you!

Try to take life a little less seriously...allow yourself the luxury of making your own rules. Such as: you are not beholden to advances by men...them giving you their number is not some kind of Holy Grail that you must honor. Lots of other possibilities...think about them. And have fun doing so!

7. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    No not at all , I always think they want to be friends then I get the I like you be my girlfriend

---------- Post added 25th Mar 2014 at 09:18 PM ----------

Your right I shouldn't I'm sorry I had this mindset kinda the way I was raised you do things to please then man even if you don't want to kinda thing :rolle:

8. Ettina

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have the exact same problem!

9. DeLuna

DeLuna Guest

Countless people have gave me their contact information like numbers, I just say thanks and than just throw away everything and never ever contact them........ It does not make you a bad person

10. biAnnika

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No need to be sorry...it is how we're raised, and it's in the nature of our society. But you are your *own* person. You decide how your own world works. You have such Power inside you; all you have to do is tap into it. As my friend Kimberly Dark says, "We create our own worlds...make yours a good one!"

Men are fine creatures, surely (well, sheesh, I am bisexual after all). But they are far from the be-all-end-all that society teaches us they are. They deserve no less respect than we receive...but they also deserve no more respect than they show us.

11. Closure

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Nah you did the right thing. If you called he would prolly think you're interested. I had plenty girls do this to me, never made me think any less of them.