1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When I was a kid

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Cass, Mar 26, 2014.

1. Cass

I used to play with barbies, mostly just cause that what mom bought me. But I only had like three Ken dolls and one of them was missing a head so sometimes I would just let two girls get married. Do you think that was an early sign that I was bi or just a kid thing?

2. Foxface

I don't necessarily think it was a warning sign per se. I much preferred playing with My Little Pony than GI Joe but I don't think that was like "Bam you're Bi!" I think it was just preference for femininity

3. CharlsOn

CharlsOn Guest

I loved to play football, lego and playmobil. I actually wasn't into the barbie thing but sometimes when I visited a friend we played with barbies. Playing means we dressed them terrible, took away some arms legs and heads and then played:grin::grin: I also liked to play in the garden with my brother. Then we were knights with wooden swords:grin: I think I was already gay when I was a kid:grin::grin:

4. Nikky DoUrden

I don't think its an early sign as more as an early sign of intelligence... u saw u need a couple, and u didn't had enough guys, so u took two girls. Make total sense. Unless you are close-minded grownup who thinks that kind of thing cannot be done :slight_smile:

5. KWDBM

Sometimes I think people read too much into things kids do. I played with Barbies and horse figurines, and I would often have weddings for the horses. Didn't *mean* anything, I was just having fun.

6. JessRae

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    When I was a kid when we play a family thing I usually play the role of the guy, the father, the driver anything that has something to do with being guy. The best memories I when I was a kid is when I first learn how to ride a bike and out balanced after my neighbor stop holding it for me and I was dropped to one of the dirtiest canal along the way, I was literally wet and dirty and end up taking a shower. I remember my all my neighbors are laughing at me that time. :grin:

7. Opheliac

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    My friend had these two cardboard cutout dolls and we used to make clothes for them out of paper and make them characters in stories and stuff. So one day one of the girls was supposed to get married and didn't because she wasn't dressed in time so the guy married someone else and so the girl just married her best friend (the other cardboard doll) instead :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: it was rather fun.

You know, typing this just made me realise something. It was the only time in my life I've ever heard my dad mention lesbians (or anything to do with the LGBT community at all) When we told him about it, he said girls could get married to each other if they really wanted to. In general he never ever even mentions it because my mother seems to think its something horrible that shouldn't be talked about, and if it crops up in a movie or something, it should just be ignored and not spoken of. But I distinctly recall my dad saying it was ok for girls to get married to each other. I didn't even remember this till right now. I always thought he'd be sort of the same as my mother. This actually makes me feel a little more comfortable with the idea of coming out to him. Wow. Ok I'm sorry about the irrelevant-to-the-topic realisation here but this is a big thing I just realised. Thanks OP :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

8. MrB

MrB

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm Pretty Sure Ken Plays For Our Team

9. IsThisAName

I don't know whether it was a warning sign, but I was similar as a kid. Except I was a major tomboy and wanted to be a boy and never played with Barbies ever. That whole wanting to be a boy thing passed, and playing with Barbies is just a gender stereotype, so I don't know whether that says anything or not. But I do think that what you did definitely shows your intelligence and open minded was as a kid :slight_smile:

10. setnyx

idk but when my mom bought me barbies, i wasn't allowed a ken doll til i was older. i played the guy by taking a cheap barbie type doll, pushing in it's boobs and cutting his hair.