1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chewing with your mouth open

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Aussie792, Mar 26, 2014.

1. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So guys, I'd call this more than a pet peeve of mine. I have a severe hatred chewing sounds (not from animals or very young children, though), which make me feel ridiculously sick and angry. As in I literally fantasise about (and sometimes actually consider) brutally murdering my mother when I hear her eat loudly. This also extends to the way people talk, too; if somebody doesn't "close" their words and sounds like they're spitting everything out with no oral control, I also want to beat their face in violently.

Oddly enough, I abhor violence in basically every circumstance, but come someone slurping their coffee, I have to restrain myself or remove my self from the room; and sometimes sounds "haunt" me for an hour or two afterwards. Though my family don't take it seriously; they've been telling me to get over it for about ten years.

So, do any of you get unreasonable reactions to certain sounds? Do you have sounds that just send you crazy?

2. CharlsOn

CharlsOn Guest

I hate people chewing with open mouth! I have to hold myself back not to do anything. That wouldn't be clever:grin:

---------- Post added 26th Mar 2014 at 09:08 PM ----------

Sorry, I mean I have to TELL:grin::grin:

---------- Post added 26th Mar 2014 at 09:08 PM ----------

Fuck. Mean that's right:grin::grin:

3. Yosia

I hate people who chew with open mouth!! And poeple who talk with mouth full too, and expect you to talk so they get annoyed when you are eating but dont talk ^.^

4. valerie247

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
  5. CharlsOn

CharlsOn Guest

That's cool!!:slight_smile:

6. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I can't stand when people do that:tantrum:

7. Jonathan

I develop very negative reactions to sounds that wake me up on a continual basis. For example, if I use the same alarm sound regularly to wake me up for school then I grow to hate that sound. If I ever hear it somewhere else or on someone else's phone then I literally cringe.

Another example is how my one cat has taken to sleeping in my bed with me recently. As I'm laying down to go to bed, she starts meowing and wants me to pet her (which I do). That's no problem. However, she also got in the habit of sometimes deciding that she wants more attention in the middle of the night so she would come mere inches from my face and meow until I woke up. She did this so much that I can't stand her meow anymore. It is seriously like nails on a chalkboard to me. To the point that if she does it now when I first lay down, I have to close my eyes, take a deep breath and calm myself so I don't lash out.

So...yes, I do have unreasonable reactions to particular sounds :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

8. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I can't stand the sound that comes from fingernails scratching a chalkboard. >< And there's also some music I can't stand to listen to- if I hear it playing I try to leave.

But I don't usually notice when people chew with their mouths open.

9. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't mind it, especially if it's a festive occasion, and we're enjoying munching on nice bread, imported cheeses, smoked salmon, and some good friends and nice wine. You could even emit a loud burp, and I'd take it as a sign you were simply enjoying the bounty of nice food and drink that you had the fortune to savor.

10. Zam

Zam

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
  11. Bolin

I've actually told people I know to stop eating, so yes, it annoys me.

12. Techno Kid

Chewing with your mouth open is soooo gross!

13. Gen

Gen

I completely understand your flashes of violence; I swear I'm not a violent person, but the thoughts some people give me...

I have similar thoughts on everything you've said. Additionally, there is one sure way to piss me off. Sneezing and coughing without covers ones mouth.

I have a reputation for calling anyone out, regardless of whether I know them, for choosing not to cover their mouth. It's not even just disgusting; it is so much more than that because you don't even know who you have around you. A small cold for one person, can easily leave another bedridden. Influenza kills thousands annually and the infected are often contagious for at least a week prior to experiencing the full effects. I am merciless against those that choose to be so inconsiderate.

14. AlamoCity

I think we all get annoyed at the noises of slurping and such that you describe, Aussie. The only factor is the degree to which we get annoyed.

For me, the noises I react oddly to are things like cars backfiring, glasses breaking, someone shouting loudly without warning; basically, any sound that may be perceived as "threatening" by my brain. In those circumstances, I'm known to jump, hit the floor and drop, or try to protect the person next to me. I swear I don't have something like PTSD :slight_smile:.

15. person57

Chewing with mouth open?? #EWW #GROSS

16. 19EmKay90

You need to chill out.

17. Nikky DoUrden

I hate that too xD

I also have very good hearing so high-pitch sounds can drive me cRaZyYyYYyY

Dont like loud noises as well ... >.>

18. Yeah I hate that too. It just gives the message, "Here's what my food looks like in liquid phase." Especially when they talk, it sprays the food everywhere.

At least when I talk with food in my mouth, I cover it first.

19. Nicholas1991

My best friend has done it all the time since we were kids, i think ive just gotten used to it. I dont think i could ever call him out on it.

Something that makes me so angry is when youre in an enclosed space (especially with recirculated air like a car or train) and people cough or sneeze without covering their mouths. That i WILL call people out on, its selfish and @&#!ing gross and those people should be in cages.