1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming, ever played opposite gender?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by biggayguy, Mar 26, 2014.

1. biggayguy

I played a very slutty female character in Legend Of The Red Dragon. You got things in the game when you had sex. One guy got wound up in my female character, Wintermoon. He got really mad but I thought it was just a bit of fun.

Have you ever played opposite gender? Did someone get mad or hurt from your doing this?

2. AlamoCity

I've only played COD and always been male, obviously, but I don't think I would have wanted to play a female character there.

What's funny is that some of my straight friends and I sometimes play Super Smash Bros. brawl and they actually play female characters. Though I always have gravitated towards the male characters for some reason.

3. BelleFromHell

I've played Red on Pokemon Red, but they don't really give you a choice.
    I also like to play as Shadow on Sonic games whenever I can. :icon_bigg

---------- Post added 26th Mar 2014 at 03:45 PM ----------

I like to play male characters in the SSB series sometimes, too! :grin:

4. Hiems

I like playing female characters in fighting games. For instance, many years ago, I played Marvel vs. Capcom 2 with my brothers and kicked their butts. They made fun of me for playing all female teams. What they said never mattered because they were just jealous of me winning often :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I've played many MMORPGs that have gender locked characters, which often have females as being magic-based. Since I love magic-based characters, I pick them. However, for other games where players can choose, sometimes I make female or male characters. It depends on what looks more appealing to me.

5. Foxface

alllllll the time

I almost always chose Princess Peach or Zelda in things like Mario and Smash Brothers

6. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Assassin's creed black flag Played as Dunkin in my rpgs I only play as a girl but thought of playing as a guy but I don't want to I like being female . I would just play as a guy to mess with people lol :grin: one place I played at a card playing game because I used sexy pictures of anime girls for my avatar people think i"m a guy and I have to tell them I'm a woman and also because I'm a good player too they think I'm a guy always have to correct them .:rolle:

#6 stocking, Mar 26, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2014
  7. Hiems

I love playing Zelda in Melee. Spamming air dodge and aerial lightning kicks is fun. It's always satisfying to knock out people with the kick :grin:

8. Abbra

In Harvest Moon I kind of have to play a guy. I would rather deal with having a less cute avatar than having to deal with courting a male instead of the girls. I also play as males on my non-main run throughs of Pokemon.

9. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I was thinking of doing that too because most of the girls on my one of my favorite game seems straight only one other lesbian besides me that plays but I'm not into her .

10. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

That's pretty normal considering each characters have different abilities.

I like to make "Badarse" female characters, in games where you create your own, like Skyrim for example I tried to make She-Hulk from the Orc race, but she had a Mohawk...

11. AlamoCity

I figured but it's still funny as heck seeing grown straight men fight over who gets to play a female character :lol:.

12. mbanema

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I was always Natalya in Goldeneye. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

13. Chess

Chess Guest

Fun fact, there is a term for this. It's called "crossplaying"

Anyway, I used to all the time. Then I kinda taught myself not to. But I might start doing it again >_>

14. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Several times. Recently, for a Pathfinder campaign, I created a female halfling that was a mage and oracle. I've also played female characters in video games quite a few times.

15. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

I'm pretty much always guys in rpgs. But I think that's cause I like default-ish characters at least on the first playthrough. And most RPG's I've only played once so no girls. In general I think it doesn't matter and having a character who's playstyle suits you is what's important.

16. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I do this all the time in games where I can customize and choose my gender and not forced to be my birth sex (mmos although I gave those up, Saints Row, GTA online, and on Playstation Home).

And I only tell people I fall under the trans spectrum if they need to know or I feel I can trust them. Those I have trusted with it have never betrayed my trust.

However in something like smash bros I chose Zelda because I think she's the best character... With Luigi being 2nd. Other games like tekken I play all characters.

#16 Kasey, Mar 26, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2014
  17. Munyal

I play different characters based on the game I play

Examples: In SSB I always play Lucario, which could be other gender, or Pikachu. I really liek them Pokemon.
    In Mass Effect, I prefer FemShep because she is awesome.
    Otherwise, I don't really care.

18. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I knew a few guys that played as girls , one guy even tricked me by pretending to be a girl then felt guilty and told me this happened a twice

19. An Gentleman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Before I realized everything, I played as girls a lot.
    Nowadays, I play the guy characters unless the girl has advantages during gameplay.

20. Sorceress of Az

I usually can't stand role playing guys in Dungeons and Dragons, I have to do female characters it fits my personality, I usually play as Chaotic Neutral Narcissistic females.

I obviously always play as Zelda and Sheik in Smash Bros and so help me if they take Sheik out of the new one their releasing I will throw a tantrum and refuse to play it. They haven't released any art for Sheik yet......

In video games I almost always create a female character if theirs a character creation at the start of the game.