1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What one should know about (dating) women?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by paris, Mar 27, 2014.

1. paris

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Sorry, this may sound kind of funny, lame and stereotypical but why I'm asking is I feel like if women are from Venus then I'm definitely from Mars. I've never had problem to befriend men because we're much alike and usually share same interests and stuff but around women I'm more or less nervous and have no idea what to talk about.
    It seems to me that women my age are usually married and have kids already and tend to speak about their families, or cooking, or fashion, that's something I don't give a damn about. Besides, my way of thinking is probably more direct, idk.
    Maybe lesbian women are different, I don't know because I don't know any lesbians in real life. :icon_sad:
    So is there something I should know about women and dating them? Like are there any basic rules or whatever? Thank you, I appreciate any insight on this.

2. biAnnika

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes...what you have described here (married with kids, and speaking mainly of family, cooking and clothes) is a stereotypical *straight* woman. Don't waste your time with them...they won't be interested in you any more than you are in them.

You need to meet some queer women (of any/all stripes...don't limit yourself to just lesbians). And then, no, there are no more basic rules than there are in any other part of life...meet them, talk to them, and figure out what works for you.