1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

'Gay' music

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by partietraumatic, Jul 21, 2008.

1. partietraumatic

so we all know there are artists that guys 'must be gay' to listen too. Personally i have a very 'straight' taste in music, but my boyfriend has a very 'gay' taste-mariah,christina..that sorta thing

i was just wondering what other peoples tastes are like-is there really a trend....

just say what sorta thing you like really so we can get a general idea

as i say i like 'straight' music-mostly british indie stuff like the libertines, arctic monkeys, pigeon detectives (tho i do have a soft spot for mcfly,which is phaps a bit 'gay' lol)

xxxx

2. xxAngelOnFirexx

i don't think my music is that gay. Of course I can't see many a song being meant for lesbians. The music i listen to has guy singers. very few songs i like have female singers. Some songs to me that i listen to I feel that the male singers are gay though.

3. Arrk

Growing up with two older brothers, I always heard mostly rap and hip-hop so it grew on me and I like it (For example Tupac and Mac Dre). I prefer mostly prefer hip-hop such as Keak da Sneak, Black Eyed Peas, Rihanna, Natasha Bedingford, Mariah Carey, Akon, Ciara, Bob Marley (not so much hip-hop, haha).

Honestly, I like every kind of music. After hip-hop I prefer pop.

These are just some genres and and artists who come 1st to mind.

Rock- Avril Lavigne, Plain White T's, Aerosmith, R.E.M, Evanescence.
    Pop- Britney Spears, Avril Lavigne (3rd album), Christina Aguilera, Aly & AJ, Michael Jackson, Gwen Stefani (also No Doubt)
    Classical- Mostly specific songs like Firebird Suite, Largo from New World, Canticle of the Creatures
    Oldies- Dream Academy, Frank Sinatra, Elvis, Queen, Beach Boys, Lovin' Spoonful, Billie Holiday

My older brother has introduced me to Basshunter recently, to which I have responded by savagely downloading techno.
    I'm obsessed with it now and it's great music to run to.

I guess I'm not really typical when looking at threads like these on other forums because everyone mostly seems to stick to specific genres or artists. Anything with a good bass line is welcome at my school. :]

4. ErikPinkLovesU

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I like maistream pop stuff. like miley cyrus, chris brown, rihanna, britney spears, and my favorite Madonna. So i guess i have a pretty gay msuic taste lol

5. A good friend of mine says that all the music I listen to (well, most of it) is "girlie", but I tell her that it fits me perfectly!

Britney Spears
    Christina Aguilera
    Madonna
    Janet Jackson
    Mariah
    Spice Girls
    MIKA (not sure about this one)
    Paris H. (I admit it, I love her CD :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:)

Just some examples.

6. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    "Gay" as in pop, showtunes, techno? No, not really my thing. I might be the only person in the world willing to admit it, but I've grown attached to orchestral music. It's not the only kind I like, though. I think rap and country are the only two types of music I refuse to listen to.

7. Malchik89

I probably do, cuz considering my fav genre is rock (punk, grunge, metal, hardcore, alternative) i do listens to all types of music and a few of them could pry be considered "gay" lol for instance i do have the spice girls on my ipod haha

8. Master Hade

Master Hade Guest

i love broadway... which is essentially gay... yet all my straight guy friends are totally into it too!!
    I like umm stuff with upbeat tones in it and good lyrics. Thats why im not into screamo because i can't understand what they are saying!
    anyway I love songs that tell stories ballad and the like!
    Umm my fav band is Plain white T's they are awesome!
    i like madonna in fact i challenege a guy to a vogue fight today at camp!!
    sorry umm I typiclly like songs!! not artists! for instance I like 2 fall out boy songs... but i wouldn't go see them in concert !
    So i like songs....not artists

9. STK

STK Guest

My musical taste is totally straight. I don't like the stereotypical "gay" music. I like metal and electronica a lot. Electronica does NOT equal techno. I like most types of music EXCEPT pop and mainstream rap. And the newer country stuff is mostly meh.

10. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I listen to a lot of disco, pop and "dance music". Pretty gay.

But I also love rock, jazz, classical, old school punk, old country, soul and world music. Not so gay.

Lex

11. davo-man

Hmm, I would say my musical taste is fairly stereotypically gay, but not all of it. I'm TOTALLY obsessed with the OBCR of RENT, which is incredibly gay, but I also really enjoy:

Michael Jackson
    Black Eyed Peas
    Robbie Williams
    Mika
    Evanescence
    Amy Winehouse
    Killing Heidi
    No Doubt
    Cat Empire
    Pink
    Justin Timberlake

...it's quite eclectic (hope that's the right word and spelt right), but I really enjoy it :grin:

12. gentlegiant4

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I kind of have 3 different sections of music I listen to.

For just entertainment, ie I just feel like listening to some music-
    RAtM
    Deftones
    At the Drive In

While driving- ALWAYS hip hop/rap
    Lil Wayne
    Tupac
    Kanye

Whilst gaming
    Britney Spears
    Shakira
    M.I.A.

^ I definitely game at my gayest

13. MusicIsLife

My music taste is a mix. I dont like mainstream pop and i dont listen to classic rock. but i listen to metal, punk, emo, screamo, hardcore, pop punk... etc. I dont think its "gay" cause theres rly not a lot of actual lgbt people within the scene.

14. Trumpetplyer23

I listen to just about anything. I love music as a whole.

I'm a die-hard metal fan, but I love George Michael just as much as I love metal. In my opinion, there is no such thing as 'gay' music taste. It's just y'know, 'john's music taste' or 'bob's music taste'. Music is music. For music to be gay, the musical notes would be having sex with musical notes of the same gender.

15. Lmao.

16. partietraumatic

oh havn't you seen the way C# looks at B, those 2 are defs banging behind everybodys back :icon_wink lol

17. sparkyboyM

well i like hard rock/metal with the occasional mix of harsh death metal screeching to spice things up.

sometimes i think it'd be interesting if i DID like some pop music, but noooooo...i had to like Disturbed...

18. Andy21

I like most kinds of music really, but I guess it's mainly pop which might be classed as 'gay music'. Right now the albums I'm listening to most are Chris Brown's Exclusive and Jordin Sparks' debut, but I do own albums by Kylie, My Chemical Romance, Kanye West and The Verve....

19. ScentedRegrets

I love Spice Girls! I actually have had Spice Girls and Aaron Carter on my iPod for the past five years and have denied being gay until a month ago. LOL

Punk and emo are my favorites. Some favs are Sum 41, Simple Plan, Story of the Year, Fall Out Boy, Avenged Sevenfold... all time fav is Blink by far. Sum is a close second.

20. This topic got me interested...so I went to iTunes and opened up the radio and clicked on the eclectic section and...ta-dah! They had a gay radio station there. They play odd music, but it's not bad at all. I just never thought that they would play stuff like that on gay radio.