1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mommy having a boo-hoo moment

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by katwat, Mar 28, 2014.

1. katwat

I know it is so silly compared to real problems and issues BUT right now I am trying not to cry. My kiddo wants to cut her long beautiful hair and the first dozen times she asked I said "no" mostly joking but a bit not. Since she persisted in wanting it I told her she needed to pick ONE haircut not fifty before cutting.

She finally has picked it out and has decided to donate the hair to Locks Of Love. All good and well. I printed out the donation forms and the instructions for cutting and sending the hair in to them. I hunted up the rubber bands to put in hair before cutting. I have a bunch of them in my pocket right now. I just can't make myself get up and walk down the hall to actually put them in her hair. Why is this such a big deal? AAARRRRGGGG

My baby is growing up and I hate that. I want her a teensy tiny baby again or just to freeze as is for a long long long time. All this growing up and becoming independent stuff sucks. Crap. Got to pull myself together and go do this.

Do misty eyes count as actually crying? Oh hell.

2. yuna

Out Status:
    A few people
    I understand how you feel though even if I don't have a child. Maybe that's why you don't want to cut her hair because probably she changes, she grows up, she is finally deciding for herself and you feel these changes and you want her to be that tiny little child again. It's like .. feeling how time is passing by and affects you somehow. Mom went through this stage as well and somehow she felt like time passed by and me growing up meant changing and leaving soon, being an adult etc.

It's going to be just fine, I promise!

3. katwat

That's about it all summed up LOL. It is so hard watching her grow up and knowing the time where she will be going out into the world on her own is getting closer and closer. I was a misery prepping her hair to cut and when the scissors came out I left the house and went next door to mom's house. I told her that it was haircut time and we both started nearly crying while we pouted over it LOL. I KNOW it's nuts but it is such an oddly big deal. You would think the whole "hey mom, I'm bi" or the wardrobe switch to goth or her being nearly half a foot taller than me would be the bigger deals but those I was completely cool with. This is right up there with taking her out of the 5-point harness car seat and putting her into a booster with just a seat belt. This is "baby-to-kid" scale growing up thing. This is the dreaded "kid-to-young adult" stuff. I vote for stuffing her into pull-ups, handing her a sippy cup, and putting the dreaded Dora the Explorer back on full day loop. Okay, maybe not the Dora. LOL

The haircut came out completely adorable. She has a chin length bob and changed from a middle part to a side part. She is feeling all fresh and new and walking with head up, shoulders back, tummy tucked and rump swishing. She looks all grown up and beautiful. I saw her and told her to slouch and stick her gut out. LOL Slow down with the growing up stuff!!

4. yuna

Out Status:
    A few people
    I understand! I am happy if she is happy being herself that's an important matter. I think every parent out there is afraid of their children growing up. I remember when mom didn't let me travel by train xD and now here she is planning my next trip and it's during the night. She won't sleep that night I swear! She will call me every hour.

5. setnyx

my son is 18. they grow up soo fast. letting them is hard, i know. misty eyes are to be expected but.. she'll probably say your crying. hugs to you.