1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Makeup?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Nessarose, Mar 29, 2014.

1. Nessarose

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've decided that I'm going to put more effort into my looks. I rarely ever use makeup or curl my hair or anything like that to 'beautify' myself, just because I don't normally like the way it looks. Buuuut, my friends have done my makeup a couple times with stage makeup, and it looked amazing.

What types/brands of makeup would you recommend for me? I have fair skin, and my face is pretty clear, so Idk. I've got eyeliner, but it's one of those twisty pencil things and ends up getting little itty bitty flakes around the area, so I hate it. Any makeup tips would be awesome too. I'm going into my senior year, so I kinda wanna go out with a bang. Not like wearing makeup really constitutes as a bang, but you get my point.

Thaaaanks, dolls. Much love!(*hug*)

2. anniebunnie

anniebunnie Guest

Instead of eyeliner I would use liquid liner! I love how it comes out glossy.! and for makeup tips I would watch youtube tutorials! they've honestly really helped me:slight_smile:

3. Nessarose

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Agh, my computer is too slow for makeup :[
    I know how to apply it, for the most part. It'a not too hard. I just know nothing about makeup lol. My sister was always the girly girl.

And shoot. I just realized; should this go under the entertainment board, seems it's (sort of) fashion? Superduperuber sorry!!! :frowning2:

4. yuna

Out Status:
    A few people
    Well you can start by wearing eyeliner. I recommend it liquid because it's easier to apply instead of that hard pencil. Try some foundation if you want but make sure you ask a professional before so he or she will tell you what kind of shade fits your skin tone.

I personally recommend foundation in places you really need it. To cover some red spots or something like that. Covering your whole face isnt important really. I use it as a highlighter (including mascara/eyeliner) You don't have to apply a bunch of stuff you can always put on some lipstick/mascara/eyeliner and I swear to God it will highlight everything on your face.
    If you want to wear make up at the party/prom or stuff like that there are a bunch of tutorials on youtube. You can chose something that you like. It's not hard to do it, it takes exercise.

5. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well if you have clear skin, then minimal makeup like a little blush and eyeshadow goes a long way.

6. anniebunnie

anniebunnie Guest

Ahh I see! Then I would honestly buy a bunch of products and practice practice! I learned cuz I used to take theater and after having to put makeup on so many people your hand gets used to it! It's muscle memory like anything else you do! And as for the brands I usually use Maballine everything lol

7. Nessarose

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Awesome. Thanks guys!

Shoot, in my last post, I definitely meant that my computer is too slow for youtube lol. Where the heck is my brain?
    As for finding the right skin tone, I'm pretty sure I know. When I said I have fair skin, I meant it. I use the palest colour :lol:

I think you're right, Kasey, about minimal makeup. A few people have done my makeup before, and it always looks better when there's less. My sister did my makeup with much more that necessary, once, and it did not look good. haha

And yay for theatre kids!!

I'll let you guys know how it goes, I guess. Thanks guys! (*hug*)