1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If you could say one thing....

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by NoMercyMercury, Mar 29, 2014.

1. If you could say one thing to someone who bullied you, what would it be?

There was once this girl way back in junior high who bullied me all the time. I never even said "boo" to her, but she just randomly beat me up out of the blue one day and I didn't even know her name. All through jr high she beat me up all the time, to this day I have no idea why. In high school she just verbally abused me, especially after people found out I was dating a girl.

Well, I saw her in the local convenience store today. Over the years I had thought of all these things I was going to say to her if I ever saw her again. I was in front of her and wouldn't you know, right in front of my kid, she shoved me out of the way to go in front of me? I didn't even have a thing to say to her! This is more than ten years later! Why would she still want to confront me like that when I had never, not even once, done a thing to her?

Instead of saying one thing that I had built up, I simply stood my ground, taking my proper turn before her with a smile on my face. She gave me dirty looks and called me names, and I didn't even defend myself.
    By the time she had checked out, I was sitting in my car and she came out, still angry and running her mouth.

That's when I realized why I didn't say anything, because I hadn't needed to. Over ten years and she couldn't get over me? Her life must be miserable if all she can do is bully people. Now, if I see her again, I won't feel fearful, grudgingly, or any animosity. All I'll ever be able to feel for her again is pity. Please understand I mean this with my whole heart when I say, I am so sorry that your life is the way it is. I hope one day you can find peace. (&&&)

2. Umbreon

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    In high school a guy bullied me because I never said more than 10 words a day, he'd make me feel awkward by asking dumb questions and literally laughing obnoxiously at menial things I did, like standing up from a chair or something. Right in front of everybody too! Other things he did were bad, but I won't go into it much.

If I could say something to him, it'd be something along the lines of "I hope you die alone and depressed." :icon_sad:

I'm spiteful I know. I know he might have changed since then but still, idk, I'm a terrible person haha...

3. Randy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I was reading this several hours ago and pondering a response but sadly I can't think of one. I don't think I would say anything to the people who bullie...wait no, I think what I would say to them is: "Why are you bullying me?" Actually, I did that one time to a guy that was making my life a living hell and evidently he was just being mean to me because I was being mean to him. A sort of fair thing for him to do. But honestly, I don't think I would say anything. Yeah sure, by doing that, I would appear weak and unauthoritative to them but by not responding to them, they would see that their efforts are uneffective. I found this out last year because I was being cyberbullied through UNT confessions and everytime I would respond, a single person or multiple people would hide behind anon and cyberbully me some more.

4. Radioactive Bi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If I was in that situation, I probably would ignore them, as they would not be worth my time.

It's not likely to come up for me though, because when I was younger, anyone who tried to bully be usually ended up with a punch in the mouth.

Fortunately, I've matured beyond that kind of behaviour though..

Happy days :slight_smile:

5. Nick07

It's not quite the same, but I have learned that forgiving someone who hurt you is the best gift you can give to yourself.
    But it can be so hard...

6. Au.Quicksilver

I would actually say thanks. Then mock them.

---------- Post added 30th Mar 2014 at 08:31 PM ----------

Reason says I only forgive them, instinct says to attack as well as forgive.