1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what is your earliest memory?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by alex3191, Mar 30, 2014.

1. alex3191

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    My earliest memories are from just before my second birthday. I didn't realise until a few years ago that not everyone can remember that far back so i was wondering what is everyone's earliest memory?

2. CharlsOn

CharlsOn Guest

When I was 3 years old.
    I can remember I was in hospital. I also can remember the little wheeled table there full of yogurt:slight_smile:

3. MilenV

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I remember being a baby and everyone bathing me like I'm a prince. LOL I really do.

4. Emulator

I remember events from far back, but can't give them a place and time.
    The earliest coherent memory would probably be from 1½ to 2 years old, but I just can't place where it was.

5. Lawrence

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's amazing! I think most people remember more of their childhood and teenage years than I do. I have trouble remembering most things before the age of 17. I have no memories before the age of 4. I faintly remember playing with lego and meccano when I was 4. I started a fire with a candle when I was 6. That's kinda difficult to forget. I meant no harm. I failed to think ahead. My parents were at work so I put it out myself. It wasn't fun explaining the burn on the carpet. At times I almost pity them lol. I remember the more physical bits of the bullying in my teen years. I can remember things I forget if I listen to music I enjoyed/endured back then. I read that a lot of people experience this. My friends say it's incredible how much I recall from events when I listen to the right music. I really don't think I got any special powers. And several minutes later I've forgotten what I remembered anyway.

6. phoenix89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Either getting my picture taken for the newspaper. I was 2.5, I also remember my uncle visiting and later his funeral. They happened around the same time.

7. BelleFromHell

Probably the one when my mom and dad locked me out of the room so they could fight, I was crying my eyeballs out telling them to stop. I think I was 2 at the time (they divorced when I was 3).
    Yeah... it's not a very good memory... :frowning2:

8. IsThisAName

I was 2 1/2 I think. We were moving from Georgia (where I was born) to Kentucky so we could live closer to my dad's family. I was in my car seat in the back and my mom was driving and I remember my Barney tape playing over the radio and looking forward through the windshield and seeing the yellow moving truck in front of us. My mom is always amazed that I remember that because I wasn't even 3 yet.

9. setnyx

i was a week away from being 2. i told my mom what i thought happened. she was amazed i remembered at that early age and after she filled me in on the details,while still tramatic, it wasn't as bad as i remembered.

10. Radioactive Bi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My earliest memory are from when I was around 3-4. It's the day my mom left us.

Fortunately my dad is the best parent I could ever hope for and my mum and I have reconciled so it doesn't really bother me.

Happy days :slight_smile:

11. TheStudent

TheStudent Guest

My earliest one is from when I must have been about 2 years old and is of me in a hospital waiting to have a hernia operation, I'll always remember there being a drawing of Fireman Sam on a sign next to my bed, odd how I remember the sign but not anything else of the hospital (I was told years later that I was in for a hernia)

12. Kat 5

My doge ate my party hat on my 3rd birthday.

13. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    First day of school, so about 5 years old? I didn't want to go, by the time my mom dragged me there I was late :slight_smile:

14. ouji

ouji Guest

My earliest memory was when I was 11 months old, and I was in my uncle's wedding. I was the flower girl. I remember driving to the church, and it felt like forever, but it was only a short drive. After the wedding I remember people throwing rice up into the air.

15. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Off the top of my head, it was when I was three and first visited relatives in India. I remember going on a train for my cousin's baptism. There was a blur of coconut trees. Later on, I was a little nervous because my parents left me with my grandparents for a few days as they visited others.

16. Chief Beifong

I think I was 3 years old in kindergarten. I was too stubborn to go out and play, so I sat in the classroom, on my seat and put my head on the table and stayed there. My closest friend (a year older) was told by the teacher to bring me out, but I was still stubborn. I don't remember what happened after she left with the others to play.

17. xplodingpassion

i think i was about 3 or so i slipped and fell off of a chair and cracked my head open and i remember being on the chair and falling, vaguely at this point

18. ahardlife

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    about 3 I would be in bed and my sister 8 then would be keeping me company mum&dad would be arguing downstairs .

19. black-cat

I was 3. I always thought this was a fake memory, but apparently it is true! I was having some scarring examined by my doctor and I wanted to play with this teeny tiny bunny toy the doctor had on top of his TV monitor ^~^

20. AAASAS

I can remember being in diapers, and my brother barely being able to talk or pronounce words, so must've been 1 1/2 - 2 years.

I actually freak my parents out because I can describe my dead grandmothers house to a key and she died when I was 2.