1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question: To the furries

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Simple Thoughts, Mar 30, 2014.

1. Simple Thoughts

A friend of mine is working on a class speech about furries. He's been having trouble finding any real resources for it. I was wondering if anyone has stumbled upon interesting articles or reads about members of the furry community. Anything furry related really. It'd be appreciated if I could help a friend gain a little more resources for his school project ^^

2. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  3. Simple Thoughts

I'll be sure to. Just hoping that I can find some useful bits of info to give him a hand. ^^

4. Lawrence

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think this is the best general outline; Furry fandom - WikiFur, the furry encyclopedia

That furry wiki will answer almost anything.

Has your friend considered joining a furry website and asking questions there? Maybe he could interview a furry or two.

Most furries are just artistic/creative people. They don't believe they are their alter-egos. Don't mix up furry community and the otherkin/therianthropy community. I've seen people do this. A furry otherkin is actually quite rare.

I used to be a furry so I'll share two observations I've made over the years. I found it interesting that many heterosexual men enjoyed homosexual male furry pictures.

And I think dragons can be a symbol of masculinity. Powerful, wise, rich, sometimes dangerous, much like a stereotypical ideal of a man. I accepted my attraction to dragons long before I was 100% comfortable with my bisexuality.

#4 Lawrence, Mar 30, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2014
  5. Simple Thoughts

My friend is already part of the furry community ^^

He was hoping for some citable resources. I don't think wiki falls into that category, but I did help him getting an interview with a fursuiter who was on adult swim =3