1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any Pagans On Here, Maybe??

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by DeLuna, Mar 30, 2014.

1. DeLuna

DeLuna Guest

I'm a Pagan......

I practice Wicca & witchcraft.....

I was raised up as an hardcore Christian, though!! My parents are Jehovah Witnesses and I currently live with a household of Christians.

2. AlamoCity

How do people "practice witchcraft?" Just curious.

I also have many relatives who are Jehovah's Witnesses so I know how that is.

3. BelleFromHell

I'm an agnostic, but I have a friend on here named EatYourRikkios who's a pagan. :slight_smile:

4. DeLuna

DeLuna Guest

It's kinda hard to explain but........

There are many forms of witchcraft and stuff.....

Real witchcraft is nothing like Harry Potter.........

Right now, I'm just mediating with lights.. Not really magik but it works for me right now.....

A lot of witchcraft involves candles & stuff..... I don't know how deep in explaining I should do......

5. I'm an athiest, but i practice magick. I also follow satanist principles.

#5 HermioneGaynger, Mar 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2014
  6. DeLuna

DeLuna Guest

My ex could do that, too

7. ThePhoenix

I've known people who were wiccan but still don't understand what its is. So I am somewhat familiar with it.

8. Soaring

I'm not pagan, but I've been in the psychic community for a while and a lot of it is really influenced by Wiccan and other Pagan beliefs so I'm actually pretty familiar with them. I have a lot of friends (not on this site) who are Pagan too.

I actually follow LaVeyan Satanism. I'm glad I'm not the only one here.

9. Steam Mecha

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    An old friend of mine is Pagan, She got me into Pagan Folk Music/Art and stuff like that, It's a very interesting relgion.

10. Absol

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I'm not, but my sister is a Wiccan.(I think that's syntactically correct) She explained it to me years ago, and all I can remember is that it's good magic. She also told about some of the theology, but I can't remember it, something about a moon god with a horn or something.(Sorry my memory is really bad xD)

She also does fortune telling and she reads palms, though I don't know if that's related or not.

11. Necromancer

Necromancer Guest

May I ask which lineage?

12. Foxface

I am a Pagan (slowly) moving towards Kemet

I follow my Queen Isis (Aset) and my goodness do I talk to her a lot. She's so magical with her little methods of making me notice things

13. Techno Kid

I don't have a religion, but was wondering if "magik" is like asking the Universe for some help? Also does the spelling of "magic" vs "magik" have some meaning?

14. WillowMaiden

WillowMaiden Guest

Ooh, I like this thread.

My whole household is pagan. My Grandma is a reader. That's pretty much how she's supported the family for a long time. She reads, mixes teas, baths, and who knows what for her clients, all that stuff. My Aunt and I are lazy pagans though. We only give our alters attention when we want something, only meditate when we're really stressed out. I don't know how many holidays we've missed. Finally we made mead last year, but it after samhain and we were just like "Welp, bottoms up anyway. For the ancestors!"
    Keystone Pagans, ftw. :lol:

15. Marc9726

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm not pagan but I do find the subject fascinating and I know a bit of Norse mythology.

Paganism is not really a religion in of itself but rather a generic term to describe many many different beliefs and religions which have differing beliefs among themselves because of a lack of standardization and the neo-pagan movements to which you are probably referring to normally don't represent the original religion particularly well because of the lack of records.

16. Radioactive Bi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm an atheist, but paganism and Wicca are interesting from a anthropological point of view.

Happy days :slight_smile:

17. Lawrence

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I ain't a Pagan. I got magical beliefs though! I don't sacrifice kids to the devil or even worship anything.

What is magic? It depends on the person you ask. Some people view magic as a purely psychological experience. I consider magic to be the manipulation of matter. Although asking the universe for help might be a kinder way to see it.

Why do some people use the word 'magik' or 'magick' as opposed to 'magic'? They don't want it to get mistaken with the pulling rabbits out of a hat type of magic.

I'm a chaote and at the same time I am not a chaote. Somebody might understand that yet. I do chaos magic. Think without thinking. Nothing is impossible. And all that. I also work with the goetic demons. I certainly don't share the views and aims of all the demon lords. With all due respect you'll never see me side with Asmodeus. He's got rather old school ideas. I'm working with Orias a lot right now. He's one of the demons I know best. The demon(s) I'm working with can be somewhat seen through my behaviour. It might be one of the main reasons I'm this open today.

The awesome thing about chaos magic is it the most flexible magic system. People can apply almost anything to it. You could even throw in the Qliphoth and get results. I'll tell you a basic version of my chaos magic. Get a pen and paper. Think about something you want. Think about getting it. Now INTENT. Draw the first random symbol that comes to mind while focusing on the most fitting emotion. Roll up the paper and throw it somewhere random in your home that you probably don't see all the time. Here comes the hardest bit. FORGET IT. When you find the paper and can't remember what it is... BURN IT or shred it. Hell, this is chaos magic, even when you 'fail' you can suddenly decide that's how it's supposed to work. That makes it work. Weird, huh? Tune in next week and I'll explain how to create servitors and what the hell a gnostic state is. Maybe xD

18. Interesting thread...I know about LaVeyan Satanism...and I can see why some people are attracted to it(I was as well.When I was 18 though(not 18 anymore)).

Paganism-Two interesting approaches for people interested-Naturalistic Paganism and Dark Paganism.