1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Oh] War Memorial Desecrated [Canada?]

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by InaRut, Jul 22, 2008.

1. InaRut

This is horrible. Makes me sick to my stomach to think ANYONE would ever do this.

http://ottawa.ctv.ca/servlet/an/loc..._War_Memorial_080722/20080722/?hub=OttawaHome

Not to mention last year a war memorial in Ottawa was pee'd on. But he was drunk. Still though he had to write a 5,000 word essay on why the Veterans fought. And it got published in the Ottawa Newspaper.

Still that is not worthy punnishment for this ARSE!

:bang: Everyone is talking about giving him the "puppy treatment" For his foul play.

2. SlickyPants

This absolutely infuriates me. I can't comprehend why someone would smear shit over anything let alone a war memorial. Some people have no respect for their country and the people that died to protect it.

3. Willywilly92

Willywilly92 Guest

Seriously, that is f$#%ed up. stuff like that should not be tolerated, he should be put in prison or made to serve an ass load of community service.

4. shakerdancee

Canadians fight? :astonished:

5. InaRut

Uhh yah dude we were only the most feared soldiers in WWI...

6. Rette

HURRRRR!

Let's start with some light reading, shall we? Let's do some current events withCanada's role in the Invasion of Afghanistan. Or shall we go back a bit, and check out a bit of the Canadians in World War II. Or, how about a little bit of Lester B. Pearson, considered the father of modern peacekeeping. Please note in the peacekeeping article that Canada has the second most peacekeeping casualties, next to India. Please also note that Canada has been on more peacekeeping missions than ANY other country.

So, yes, Canadians fight. And they die. Please do not insult our armed forces.

7. Ty

Ty Guest

Regardless of weather or not it was a war memorial, people shouldn't even do that, even if it was a normal building.

Thats really disgusting.

8. Bevo

Bevo Guest

As despicable as that is it is not unique, last ANZAC (Australian and New Zealand Army corps) day (our rememberance day) Bathurst War memorial was vandalised having red paint thrown on it and the word "murderers" and swastikas painted on its walls.

This sort of thing shows a lack of respect and is a disgusting act of cowardice.

9. Rette

I couldn't imagine the feeling if a WWII vet were to see swastikas painted on a war memorial like that. Disgusting.

10. InaRut

Somebody has to have some sort of mental illness to do something like smear fecal matter all over a war memorial though. I mean red paint is making some sort of (no matter how stupid) statement where poo is doing what?

The idiot should realize that he just left his genetic material all over the memorial. And if he's got his DNA scanned from a previous crime then he is effed!