1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does anyone else not snack?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by AudreyB, Apr 1, 2014.

1. AudreyB

AudreyB Guest

I seriously do not snack at all.* Breakfast, lunch and dinner and nothing at all in-between is my routine these days. I must own being rather proud of this achievement, considering that I used to be a chronic snacker (of very unhealthy fare, I may add).

Anyone else live the food ascetic's life?

*Exception: those couple of hours before lunch when I occasionally break down and buy something from the work vending machine just to shut my stomach up.

2. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I haven't had a snack in about 5 minutes

3. I'm totally opposite. All I eat is snacks. How did you stop?

#3 HermioneGaynger, Apr 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2014
  4. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I snack when I have nothing to do; it saves me from having to cook or buy a meal as well as being so much better for my hunger.

When I have stuff to do, it's easier to have three set meals with one or two snacks if I'm hungry. During school, I usually have set meals, but during holidays and weekends, I usually lay out a platter of fruits and buiscuts vegetables and hummus etc. and have that to eat all day.

5. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If I didn't have a crazy metabolism I'd be ridiculously overweight...

6. Techno Kid

Same :lol: :icon_redf

7. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I rarely ever snack. Sometimes if I know I'll be eating lunch/supper later than usual, I might have some yogurt or something, but that's about it.

8. Cheetah

Cheetah Guest

I always find myself snacking. Usually the zookeepers prepare something tasty. Or, if we're really lucky, some unfortunate visitor will find their way into our enclosure...

...I'm only kidding!

Or am I... :badgrin:

9. AudreyB

AudreyB Guest

Kind of a "perfect storm" thing, really.

1. I don't have an addictive personality. Never smoked, did drugs, drank compulsively (although I've had my moments on this one), bit my nails, played with my hair, etc.. Although I've joked about being "hooked" on things like ice cream or root beer or Heineken, it's actually quite easy for me give them up at will. I've done just that for extended periods more or less for fun just to prove to myself or someone else that I could. If I have been a really bad snacker in the past, it was simply because I could.
    2. I'm naturally frugal.
    3. On frugality power-pellets right now because I live alone right now and pay all my own bills, which are not cheap.
    4. I've disciplined myself to never buy snack foods at the grocery store. Does it cost me a lot more aggregately for the occasional vending machine snack, as opposed to buying, say, a 32 oz. bag of chips? Absolutely and I wouldn't have it any other way. Nothing like built-in dissuasion.
    5. Driving towards a goal of a 28" waist. I've always hated my body for being too frail for a guy, but too "skinny fat" for an attractive girl. My genderfluidity has swung a lot more toward the girl side the last several months and she wants to feel more feminine. So extreme dieting, coupled with daily corset wearing (suppresses the appetite), has got me presently down to 29-29.5" (from 34" last summer).
    6. I'm extremely busy during the weekdays (work 50+ hour weeks, plus go to school), so less time for thinking about food.
    7. I have an utter "crash out" mentality about my weekends (when they don't involve homework). So I'm often too lazy to get up and go to the kitchen to get myself food in-between meals. (Maybe don't try this one at home, kids.) :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Oh, Kasey dear

---------- Post added 1st Apr 2014 at 09:39 PM ----------

I've got a dart gun...

10. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm almost 6'1" and like 189 lbs, Right in the normal BMI range.

I mean I could stand to lose like 5 lbs... But I am quite fine where I am.

11. ilovemylife

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I used to eat junk food like I was storing for winter each day. Eventually, I got health conscious and stopped buying the junk food. I still have the need to snack, so I tend to eat full containers of fruit and and literally like ten large carrots in a sitting. I guess you could say I have an addictive personality...

12. I snack all day, every day. There is NEVER a time to not be snacking on some bamboo.

13. Vince

I snack a lot but I only eat one... Maybe too meals a day. I find it difficult to digest food so I snack on gluten free snacks like potatoe chips, fries, and rice. I also drink ensure for breakfast with a snack afterwards like a gf tostar pastry or toast. Still a lot of it's organic so I don't feel bad about it.